The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• MicroCHPs

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #123168  by SineSwiper
 Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:28 am
No, they aren't processors. It stands for "Micro combined heat and power". Here's a good Wiki on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroCHP.

I'd like to get one of these someday. There are companies that make water heater MicroCHPs and furnace ones. Here's one I was looking at: Freewatt.

After getting my solar roof shingles set up, I'd love to get something like this in my house. Obviously, it's an investment, but I think every new house should be adopting this sort of electricity generation.

I think in 20 years, electric companies will be less in the business of generating electricity, and would instead be brokers of electricity: taking it from different sources (powered houses) and selling it to the houses that still need it.