The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Dunk contestants not very bright

• Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
Somehow, we still tolerate each other. Eventually this will be the only forum left.
 #165378  by Don
 Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:33 pm
Just saw this on TV. I think it's the college dunk contest, so in the final round, the first guy had one minute and tried to do all these crazy dunks and missed them all and ended up with a score of 18. The announcer pointed out that you get 20 points for just being able to dunk the ball in. That means if any of us could dunk the ball we can casually walk up under the rim, dunk the ball in, and win the event easy. But the next guy spent all his time trying to do crazy dunks and miss almost all of them too, and barely got the ball to go in with 1 second left. I was thinking he'd just walk up and dunk the ball in immediately. Sure maybe the fans will boo him but a win is a win! Or at least think about doing a more modest dunk with less than 30 seconds left. The guy who won was still trying a fancy dunk that just happened to go in. It'd have been pretty funny if neither person made a dunk, though I guess they were giving points for trying so someone would've still won.