The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• New Family Guy ep

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #100807  by Zeus
 Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:56 pm
For the first time since it came back, I saw a new Family Guy ep. I haven't seen any of the 4th and 5th seasons yet.

Was this episode indicative of what the show's like now? My cuz had always told me that it wasn't as good as it used to be, but I can't believe it's as bad overall as that episode was. I'm talking new Simpsons-level bad here. I actually only saw the first 8 or 10 minutes and didn't laugh once. The jokes, for a reason I can't quite figure out, just weren't funny. It wasn't the subject matter (cancer) or anything, as I can laugh at just about anything, they just weren't funny. I love my DVDs of the first three seasons, but this is nothing compared to those.

If it's as bad as this ep was, I won't bother going back to see the other two seasons.

#100809  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:11 pm
I find it's pretty much the same in the fourth season as the first three. I don't know about the fifth at all.

#100812  by kali o.
 Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:59 am
Odd thing about a FG episode is it is only funny after you watch it a few times(kinda like a Will Farrell movie)...as true in this season as it was in any of the past seasons.

Family Guy has never been especially deep or clever...if you didn't find Man Rape, Peter suing his doctor over a prostate exam and Mr. Sulu showing up in his ass amusing, I fail to see why you would have found any other Family Guy ep funny.

/shrug

#100815  by Zeus
 Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:58 am
kali o. wrote:Odd thing about a FG episode is it is only funny after you watch it a few times(kinda like a Will Farrell movie)...as true in this season as it was in any of the past seasons.

Family Guy has never been especially deep or clever...if you didn't find Man Rape, Peter suing his doctor over a prostate exam and Mr. Sulu showing up in his ass amusing, I fail to see why you would have found any other Family Guy ep funny.

/shrug
I often laughed out loud at the original three seasons. You're right, it wasn't especially deep or extremely clever, but I enjoyed them very much and found them hilarious, much like Futurama and old Simpons ("What's your name?", "Pea....Tear....Griffen" :-).

The thing is I can't figure out why I didn't find it funny, but I didn't laugh once during the 10 minutes I was watching. Maybe it's because the older eps were more non-reality based? I don't really know, but I just didn't find it funny.

I'll start at the beginning of Season 4 sometime and watch a few more and see. It may have just been this one I didn't particularly like.