The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Six Feet Under Season 1...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #105024  by Imakeholesinu
 Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:20 pm
So I broke down and rented the first season after I stumbled across the second season still residing on my hard drive from when Zeus uploaded it to my FTP some years ago. I have to say the first season sets a certain pace that really intrigued me. I remember watching the first episode when it first aired and thinking it was a great show. It just seems so real and down to earth. It's not overly fictional and it's not replaying the same story over and over (even if the plot events are somewhat predictable and appear in the same place in each episode) it doesn't seem to get boring but it is very depressing. I can only watch one or two episodes before I become completely exhausted. Also, I have to say I haven't been able to predict the storyline elements like I have with other drama series so I give this series more props that I can't always see what is coming around the bend that episode. All in all, I give this 4 caskets out of 5.
 #105026  by Ishamael
 Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:06 am
Barret wrote:S It just seems so real and down to earth. It's not overly fictional..
Indeed. I related it to many moments in my own life. I too screwed a hot stranger I'd just met in an empty room at an airport.

No...wait...that didn't happen at all.

Anyway, I like the series anyway. :)

#105029  by Zeus
 Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:20 am
It just gets better. The series is truly the only series where the characters ARE the show. And there are 6 characters that get lots of airtime on that show. Everything that happens affects each character on a personal level, it's not just one thing after another with 2D characters like so many dramas and sitcoms. And it has maybe the best ending of any show ever.

Warning: the 3rd season is easily the weakest. It's a big letdown from the 2nd season, which is very strong and the first season which is very good. But don't let that stop you. Get through those 13 episodes and you will be very happy 'cause 4th and 5th seasons were excellent. It ends so strongly with the last two seasons you can actually forgive them. What happens in the 3rd season is very important for the last two seasons but the journey is very arduous. It's still better than most shows but it's weak for Six Feet.