The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• he's not crazy looking.....more disturbing

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#113769  by Lox
 Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:44 am
*drool*

Opening night, I shall be there......twice!!!

I like the "realistic" approach they're taking to the character. I have very high hopes for this movie. I hope they take a lot more from "The Long Halloween" for it.

#113790  by SineSwiper
 Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:03 pm
Some mixed reactions with the actors:

Heath Ledger as Joker? That's, ummm, weird.
Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent is cool, though. Can't wait to see him as Two-Face.
Where's Katie Holms? I think Maggie is a better actress, but I hate it when movies swap out the actors/actresses like nothing even happened.

#113807  by Lox
 Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:41 am
SineSwiper wrote:Some mixed reactions with the actors:

Heath Ledger as Joker? That's, ummm, weird.
Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent is cool, though. Can't wait to see him as Two-Face.
Where's Katie Holms? I think Maggie is a better actress, but I hate it when movies swap out the actors/actresses like nothing even happened.
I think Ledger will do a good job, especially being surrounded by a cast like that one. I thought Katie Holmes was bearable in the first one, for instance. And I think Ledger is a much better actor than Katie Holmes.

As for where she is. Ask Tom Cruise. :)

Also, this is a quote from Michael Caine about Ledger as the Joker. Makes me hopeful!
Michael Caine wrote: "He's gone in a completely different direction to Jack. Jack was like a clown figure, benign but wicked, maybe a killer old uncle. He could be funny and make you laugh," Caine said of Ledger (a MINOR SPOILER follows). "Heath is like a really scary psychopath. I did one scene with him and he was ready to go and had to come up in a lift and raid our place."

Caine recalled, "I didn't see him for rehearsal and when he came out of the lift he was so incredible I forgot my lines. He frightened the life out of me. ... I'd never met him before. He's a lovely guy and his Joker is going to be a hell of a revelation in this picture."

#113825  by Eric
 Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:52 pm
I know alot of you would probably miss this entirely but he reminds me of Mr. Feather from Undercover Brother. :p

#113831  by Zeus
 Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:31 pm
Eric wrote:I know alot of you would probably miss this entirely but he reminds me of Mr. Feather from Undercover Brother. :p
Heh...

That was a funny-ass movie. I gotta watch it again

#113895  by Eric
 Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:27 pm
I also don't think it's worth mentioning the Joker without reference to this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JEa71aS3oU

This is the uncut version too, I know a few parts of it were censored for the actual release.

#113896  by bovine
 Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:45 pm
the beyond series always had a dark edge to it that was pretty cool. I enjoyed Hamill's voicework as joker, I thought he did a good job. This episode from the original cartoon is certainly one of my favourites (not the whole episode)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=37R2Uyvny9g

#113902  by Tessian
 Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:03 am
some screwed up stuff guys... Eric that scene was awesome... I don't know if I remember seeing the US version before.

As for the one bovine posted-- I remember that one, used to love the classic cartoon show! I forget what happens in the end though; there's no 2nd half... didn't it turn into an "it was all a dream" episode?

#113904  by Eric
 Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:16 am
Tessian wrote:some screwed up stuff guys... Eric that scene was awesome... I don't know if I remember seeing the US version before.

As for the one bovine posted-- I remember that one, used to love the classic cartoon show! I forget what happens in the end though; there's no 2nd half... didn't it turn into an "it was all a dream" episode?
Yeah, Scarecrow poisoned Batgirl and she had a nightmare that Bruce and her father were at each other's throats.