The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Shoot 'em up

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #118510  by Tessian
 Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:22 pm
And the award for "Most killings involving a carrot" and "Most ridiculously impossible and unbelievable fight scenes but it's ok because they don't even try to pretend they aren't" go to this movie.

Holy crap... quite an entertaining and funny movie, but so off the wall unbelievable I couldn't believe it. I really lost it during the action scene that takes place during a skydive.

Anyone else see this?

#118512  by Imakeholesinu
 Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:42 pm
Might be a film that the new TV gets a work out on. Monica...I love you.

#118515  by Blotus
 Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:51 pm
TITS!

I enjoyed it. Had dismissed it at first since the trailers and posters I'd seen were playing up the "I'm a British Nanny" line, and I actually thought that's who his character was so I thought it looked stupid. Anyway, pure popcorn. Good stuff.

#118516  by Eric
 Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:33 am
I just can't imagine Paul Giamatti in that role, heh.

#118523  by Zeus
 Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:28 am
Yeah, I checked it out when the screener came out a couple of months ago.

Mmmmm, Monica Belluci

#118525  by Tessian
 Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:03 am
Eric wrote:I just can't imagine Paul Giamatti in that role, heh.
You mean as a sick twisted fuck of a bad guy? He actually pulls it off quite well, I think. He was more entertaining to watch than Clive Owen half the time.

#118527  by Chris
 Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:09 am
it's the only movie where if you describe half of it poeple will respond with no, I have never seen that before....I mean hell....Gunfights while delivering babies *check* gunfights while still inside a woman fuckin' *check* Gunfights in an airplane *check* so insane and yet so fucking awesome because of it's pure over the top and proud of it insanity. Holy shit. and remember. Don't forget to eat your vegetables.

#118528  by Tessian
 Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:31 am
Manfarb wrote:it's the only movie where if you describe half of it poeple will respond with no, I have never seen that before....I mean hell....Gunfights while delivering babies *check* gunfights while still inside a woman fuckin' *check* Gunfights in an airplane *check* so insane and yet so fucking awesome because of it's pure over the top and proud of it insanity. Holy shit. and remember. Don't forget to eat your vegetables.
Hahaha seriously-- name me 1 other movie that has people being killed by carrots. Through the mouth, the eye, used as a trigger finger, used as a decoy grenade, etc etc. And they even call him Bugs at times, lol.

#118529  by Blotus
 Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:46 am
Paul Giamatti can do anything.