The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Max Payne the MOVIE!!!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#123701  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:54 am
Anyone see the Hitman movie? And how was it?

#123703  by Mully
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 am
HIJACKER!

#123704  by Blotus
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:14 am
Marlo Stanfield!

#123705  by Flip
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:18 am
Ha, i noticed Marlow, too.

For a second i thought this was Sam & Max and that you thought the movie would be good, lol.

#123707  by Chris
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:14 pm
booooo....they really should have cast that dude from the first resident evil movie.....

#123708  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:17 pm
Chris wrote:booooo....they really should have cast that dude from the first resident evil movie.....
Michelle Rodriguez?

#123721  by RentCavalier
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:56 pm
Dutch wrote:
Chris wrote:booooo....they really should have cast that dude from the first resident evil movie.....
Michelle Rodriguez?
Nice. :

EDIT: Why the fuck are there bird men? When did supernatural elements take over Max Payne? I don't recall them in the first game, and I never played the second.

The trailer looked fine until I started seeing/hearing all this "devil" and "god" and bird monsters and shit. Nice that they used Manson, but "If I was Your Vampire'? Not an ideal song.

Mark Wahlberg is becoming overexposed in my opinion. He's showing up just about everywhere, but the last good movie he was in was the Departed. Marky Mark is not my first choice for Max Payne.

Should've stuck with gangster ties. Movie will prolly suck...but I may see it anyway, its still a promising trailer.

#123741  by Kupek
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:52 pm
I think Mark Whalberg is an excellent actor and I'm happy he's finally getting his due. He's good in every movie he's in.

#123744  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:16 pm
Well, except The Happening, of course. But, yeah, he's an excellent actor. (Ever notice that rappers seem to make good actors?)

And I 2nd the comment about vampires. I didn't play much of the first game, but I didn't see any vampires in it.

#123747  by Tessian
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:24 pm
This gives me the idea for a new movie: Prince of Persia-- a movie about a prince who grows up and must fight to protect his kingdom from a deadly horde of werewolves and goblins while going to college.

Boy, Hollywood is easy!

#123755  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:40 pm
Tessian wrote:This gives me the idea for a new movie: Prince of Persia-- a movie about a prince who grows up and must fight to protect his kingdom from a deadly horde of werewolves and goblins while going to college.

Boy, Hollywood is easy!
Why bother even thinking that far? We already have a generator for that sort of thing: http://www.theyfightcrime.org/

#123766  by Flip
 Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:16 am
Werent there Valkyrie involved in the first game? Flashbacks or something? It looks pretty badass.

#123809  by kent
 Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:32 am
i don't remember there being vampires in the first game but the dude was high all the time and his flashbacks and hallucinations were really weird.

#123812  by Mully
 Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:45 am
RentCavalier wrote:
Dutch wrote:
Chris wrote:booooo....they
The trailer looked fine until I started seeing/hearing all this "devil" and "god" and bird monsters and shit.
It is the angel of death. He mentions it all throughout the game (if i remember correctly). It's a very noir element that was splashed throughout the game. it's more symbolism than anything.

#123820  by Chris
 Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:23 pm
Dutch wrote:Anyone see the Hitman movie? And how was it?
I actully kind of enjoyed it. but it had the problem of actually being in the continuity of the games. which wuld make it really fuckin' confusing for anyone who hasn't played em

#123828  by RentCavalier
 Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:34 pm
Mully wrote:
RentCavalier wrote:
Dutch wrote: It is the angel of death. He mentions it all throughout the game (if i remember correctly). It's a very noir element that was splashed throughout the game. it's more symbolism than anything.
So, its symbolic? Not an actual bird man? If that's the case, this movie MAY be kinda cool.