The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• SQUEEEEEEEL!!!!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #123522  by Chris
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:21 pm
that is all I need to say....Fuck me that was amazing

#123524  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:45 pm
*breaks out the baseball bat*

Someone hold him down. He's no longer making sense.

#123526  by Chris
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:01 pm
oh it makes sense.....it makes perfect sense.....later you will squeel too

#123528  by Kupek
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:17 pm
Translation: I was privy to a comic-book something (probably a movie) because I'm in the industry, I can't talk about it yet, but I had to say something.

#123530  by Blotus
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:28 pm
Guessing Dark Knight.

#123531  by Kupek
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:42 pm
I figured that was likely moments after posting.

#123532  by RentCavalier
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:23 pm
I wanna be in the comic industry and get to see movies early.

#123534  by Zeus
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:46 pm
Either Dark Knight or Hellboy is my guess

#123535  by Chris
 Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:10 am
Zeus wrote:Either Dark Knight or Hellboy is my guess
nope...saw hellboy 2 earlier....solid flick but thatain't what I be talking

#123538  by RentCavalier
 Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:58 am
Maybe it's a mystery choice? LIke, not a movie, but a teaser trailer for, like, Thor or something?

#123545  by Mully
 Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:07 am
Or a fad in advertising...like here

Or Deliverance...or a Deliverance sequel?!?!?

#123549  by Zeus
 Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:34 am
Chris wrote:
Oh....you finally snuck out to seeing Sex and the City without your male friends seeing you then? :-)

#123556  by Chris
 Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:35 am
Zeus wrote:
Chris wrote:
Oh....you finally snuck out to seeing Sex and the City without your male friends seeing you then? :-)
nope that one was terrible.....although I did last night finally get out to see get smart....very solid romantic action comedy with great action set pieces and some good laughs....very enjoyable.....but that's still not it....I'm pretty sure it's pretty fuggin blatant....and awesome.....definitely not one to leave to get popcorn.

#123559  by Lox
 Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:45 pm
Mmmmm...Dark Knight. I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait I cannot wait.

I cannot wait.

#123560  by Blotus
 Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Hey Lox, are you looking forward to Dark Knight?

#123563  by Lox
 Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:01 pm
What gave you that idea?

#123588  by Chris
 Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:21 pm
Lox have you been watching the gotham tonight stuff on gothamcablenews.com

it leads straight into the movie and has been a damned good watch with an overarching story of it's own

#123598  by Zeus
 Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:33 am
Chris wrote:Lox have you been watching the gotham tonight stuff on gothamcablenews.com

it leads straight into the movie and has been a damned good watch with an overarching story of it's own
Is it the same as what's in that animated flick coming out today?

#123600  by Chris
 Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:07 am
Zeus wrote:
Chris wrote:Lox have you been watching the gotham tonight stuff on gothamcablenews.com

no it's these individual recorded news stories and interview segments which slowly lead into the movie and fill in the missing time. Gotham Knight does the same (and is pretty col) but these are live action with stuff from most of the characters that isn't in the movies...

#123603  by Zeus
 Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:21 pm
Chris wrote:
Zeus wrote:

no it's these individual recorded news stories and interview segments which slowly lead into the movie and fill in the missing time. Gotham Knight does the same (and is pretty col) but these are live action with stuff from most of the characters that isn't in the movies...
I'll definitely check those out. Sounds like a pretty neat marketing ploy and I like these non-preaching marketing ploys which actually expand on the film. It's almost like a DVD extra before the DVD comes out.

I saw an animated comic on Apple Trailers for Hellboy. I think it's actually based off of one of the promo comics but I'm not sure. It's a 6 1/2 minute long one with Hellboy's "dad" telling him the story behind the Golden Army. It was a pretty neat little clip, in case you've missed it.

#123627  by Chris
 Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:29 pm
The dark Knight anime was pretty good too....another what happens between from batmans perspectve instead of the cities. Some pretty good stories (The second Crossfire I loved as it's like reading Gotham Central. just a great story about the cops and how they feels about the batman...good stuff. a couple were lackluster but damn it's good to hear conroy as batman again...

#123631  by Zeus
 Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:40 pm
Gotham Cable News is great. I hope to hell they're on the DVD when it's released

#123632  by Chris
 Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:53 pm
Zeus wrote:Gotham Cable News is great. I hope to hell they're on the DVD when it's released
the wholve viral marketing system it's entire histry of what they did is probably going to be on blue ray. don't know about the dvd THOUGH

#123640  by Zeus
 Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:38 pm
Chris wrote:
Zeus wrote:Gotham Cable News is great. I hope to hell they're on the DVD when it's released
the wholve viral marketing system it's entire histry of what they did is probably going to be on blue ray. don't know about the dvd THOUGH
I know. Motherless fucks.....

Hopefully by then I'll be able to get my 60 GB PS3 for $250 or less and I can justify purchasing a used copy of the Blu-Ray for $20.

#123641  by Chris
 Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:04 pm
Zeus wrote:
Chris wrote:
I know. Motherless fucks.....

Hopefully by then I'll be able to get my 60 GB PS3 for $250 or less and I can justify purchasing a used copy of the Blu-Ray for $20.
ha cheap bastard. I've loved the viral marketing stuff. I di the first one and it was fun as hell watching everyone trying to figure out the clues that were being littered around at comic-con...the marketing has been genius because unlike most viral ARG stuff this one has been spectacular. The DENTMOBILE WAS GENIUS....AND SO MUCH FUN MARCHING IN DOWNTOWN p-TOWN CHANTING ABOUT BELIEVING IN HARVEY DENT. fucking caps lock.....it's actually been fun and actually builds on the established world they created.

#123642  by Zeus
 Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:10 pm
Yeah, that's why I've liked this viral marketing campaign so much.

Blu-Rays are a molestation price-wise. There's no reason whatsoever for Mystery Men on Blu-Ray to be $34 Cdn. The only well-priced Blu-Ray I've seen is Galapogos for $20. That's a great BBC series with amazing visuals (shot in hi-def) that's worth picking up an HD version of. Classics like Bullitt for $34 that aren't even in HD? A barely-HD version of Stargate Ultimate Edition which looks no better than an upconverted regular DVD version for $30? Yeah, OK...

#123673  by Blotus
 Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:23 pm
It's just like DVD's were when they were in their infancy. I can remember being in a Future Shop cand seeing no DVD for under $30. These things take time. Until then, pirate!

#123690  by Zeus
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:48 am
Black Lotus wrote:It's just like DVD's were when they were in their infancy. I can remember being in a Future Shop cand seeing no DVD for under $30. These things take time. Until then, pirate!
That's another reason why Blu-Ray will be nothing more than niche IMO

#123764  by Chris
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:55 pm
http://whysoserious.com/kickingandscreening/

get free imax tickets while you can for the first screenings....I got the last one in my area

#123785  by Zeus
 Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:53 am
Goddamn it, all of the Toronto ones are gone

#123788  by Chris
 Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:31 am
check back every once and a while...sometimes they pop up again...they are releasing em in lots

#123797  by SineSwiper
 Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:44 am
Chris wrote:http://whysoserious.com/kickingandscreening/

get free imax tickets while you can for the first screenings....I got the last one in my area
This ain't IMAX. It's just a bigger screen with better audio.

Give me a wrap around screen, you fuckers. Otherwise, don't fucking call it IMAX.

#123805  by Zeus
 Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:57 am
Chris wrote:check back every once and a while...sometimes they pop up again...they are releasing em in lots
Definitely. I'll go to TO to see it for free in IMAX

#124224  by Shellie
 Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:11 pm
Anything to do with my most recently posted thread? :)

#124229  by Chris
 Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:35 pm
Seraphina wrote:Anything to do with my most recently posted thread? :)
part of it seeing as how it played before dark fucking knight......

#124232  by Shellie
 Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:44 pm
hehe, cant wait to see that this weekend, and wow, cant wait to see the Watchmen now!

#124282  by Lox
 Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:23 am
The Dark Knight was awesome. I'm seeing it again tonight at 8:30. Wow...just wow wow wow.

Ledger as the Joker...spot on. The fact that you laugh at him in parts then cringe as his actions a minute later is perfect. And Harvey Dent/Two-Face is perfect. Anyone who has never been into Batman and sees this should now understand why Batman Forever sucks.

That movie was intense...that's the best way to describe it. You're always wondering what's going to happen. I actually jumped 2 times and felt my gut wrench a few.

And the Watchmen trailer didn't hurt. :) After that trailer, over 1/2 of the crowd cheered. Then they showed the trailer for that dumb looking movie with Dicaprio and Crowe. 1 guy cheered....sarcastically.

#124283  by Chris
 Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:26 am
Lox wrote:The Dark Knight was awesome. I'm seeing it again tonight at 8:30. Wow...just wow wow wow.

Ledger as the Joker...spot on. The fact that you laugh at him in parts then cringe as his actions a minute later is perfect. And Harvey Dent/Two-Face is perfect. Anyone who has never been into Batman and sees this should now understand why Batman Forever sucks.

That movie was intense...that's the best way to describe it. You're always wondering what's going to happen. I actually jumped 2 times and felt my gut wrench a few.

And the Watchmen trailer didn't hurt. :) After that trailer, over 1/2 of the crowd cheered. Then they showed the trailer for that dumb looking movie with Dicaprio and Crowe. 1 guy cheered....sarcastically.
I loved the jokers smile Orgin......s

#124284  by Lox
 Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:27 am
Ha...yeah...those were great. I loved seeing how many he'd come up with.

"Why so serious?"