The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Worst Movies...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #124902  by Mully
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:53 pm
This is a mirror post to Sines, "Favorite Really Old Movies" except these can be any movie at any time.

These are not movies that are so bad they're good, but BAD-BAD movies. The "I feel robbed and want 2 hours of my life back" movies.

The Wicker Man - 1973. Starring Christopher Lee. Hailed as "the Citizen Kane of Horror Movies", rented it, sucked. Looked online to see why all the hype...everyone said it was the greatest horror movie ever, but no one could explain WHY!
Last edited by Mully on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#124903  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:55 pm
The Terror - starring Jack Nicholson. It is a terrible movie, but somehow I couldn't stop watching it =P

On the Wickerman, which version did you see, the chopped up version or the extended edition? It is probably a bigger difference than Peter Jackson's theatrical Two Towers (the weakest of the trilogy in my opinion) vs. his extended version (the strongest of the trilogy, again, in my opinion).

#124907  by Mully
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:07 pm
Dutch wrote:The Terror - starring Jack Nicholson. It is a terrible movie, but somehow I couldn't stop watching it =P

On the Wickerman, which version did you see, the chopped up version or the extended edition? It is probably a bigger difference than Peter Jackson's theatrical Two Towers (the weakest of the trilogy in my opinion) vs. his extended version (the strongest of the trilogy, again, in my opinion).
I believe I saw the extended edition. It was two disc. What are the differences?

#124909  by Blotus
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:12 pm
It's Pat. I defy anybody to find a worse movie.

#124910  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:16 pm
Mully wrote:
Dutch wrote:The Terror - starring Jack Nicholson. It is a terrible movie, but somehow I couldn't stop watching it =P

I believe I saw the extended edition. It was two disc. What are the differences?
I felt the extended edition came together much better. The theatrical one was full of holes and I can see how someone watching the movie for the first time would be confused. Perhaps it is not the best movie for a younger generation though. It is sort of like Candyman, creepy as hell when it was released, but really tame by todays standards.

#124914  by Mully
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:45 pm
Dutch wrote:
Mully wrote:

I felt the extended edition came together much better. The theatrical one was full of holes and I can see how someone watching the movie for the first time would be confused. Perhaps it is not the best movie for a younger generation though. It is sort of like Candyman, creepy as hell when it was released, but really tame by todays standards.
Yeah, it was definitely the extended verison...checked my local video store! Anyway, I still don't get it. Not scarry at all. The islanders were indeed weird and odd. The music SUCKED! Corn Leaves and Barley.

#124919  by Chris
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:24 pm
Black Lotus wrote:It's Pat. I defy anybody to find a worse movie.
um....gymkata....

#124920  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:36 pm
Dolph Lundgren's Masters of the Universe and The Punisher.

Hulk Hogan's Santa with Muscles and Suburban Commando.

#124921  by Lox
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:26 pm
Dutch wrote:Dolph Lundgren's Masters of the Universe.
That I totally disagree with. I love that movie. I wouldn't even put it into the "It's so bad, it's good" category. I mean, I know it's no masterpiece, but I really enjoy it. I own it on DVD. :)

#124922  by Shellie
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:37 pm
Lox wrote:
Dutch wrote:Dolph Lundgren's Masters of the Universe.
That I totally disagree with. I love that movie. I wouldn't even put it into the "It's so bad, it's good" category. I mean, I know it's no masterpiece, but I really enjoy it. I own it on DVD. :)
I'd put it into the "It's so bad, it's good" category hehe

Definitely not a WORST. MOVIE. EVAR. candidate tho...

#124923  by Chris
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:39 pm
Breakin 2 - Electric Bugaloo

#124924  by Eric
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Date Movie • Epic Movie • Meet the Spartans • Superhero Movie • Disaster Movie

All of these make me want to stab babies.

#124925  by kali o.
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:52 pm
Alexander....I bought that shit on DVD for 25 bucks because it looked OK and had Jolie in it...

As for Seeker dissing He-man, that's pretty fucked up. That was an awesome movie for various reasons.

#124930  by Lox
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:09 pm
kali o. wrote:Alexander....I bought that shit on DVD for 25 bucks because it looked OK and had Jolie in it...

As for Seeker dissing He-man, that's pretty fucked up. That was an awesome movie for various reasons.
Frank Langella as Skeletor alone makes it awesome. :)

#124931  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:10 pm
Howard...the fucking Duck.

#124933  by Tessian
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:50 pm
my vote would have to be for Night at the Museum... the first (and still only) movie I've ever purposefully shut off cause I couldn't take its crap.

#124937  by Kupek
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:18 pm
kali o. wrote:Alexander....I bought that shit on DVD for 25 bucks because it looked OK and had Jolie in it...
So I saw that movie high. In one shot, it's Colin Farrel against snowy mountains in the background and I swear I saw a smiley face in the mountains. To this day, I don't know if that really was an Easter-egg put in by the special effects people, or if my THC-saddled brain made it up.

#124940  by RentCavalier
 Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:15 am
Kupek wrote:
So I saw that movie high. In one shot, it's Colin Farrel against snowy mountains in the background and I swear I saw a smiley face in the mountains. To this day, I don't know if that really was an Easter-egg put in by the special effects people, or if my THC-saddled brain made it up.
THC concerns me at the moment, since we're on the subject. Bloody stuff stays in your system an awful long time for my comfort.

#124942  by SineSwiper
 Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:13 am
Ghost of Mars. It's worse than It's Pat. Why did John Carpenter put his name on that? If I made a movie like that, I wouldn't even want to bother screwing up my reputation. At least Vampires was a remotely decent movie.

Also, the NEW version of Wicker Man is probably just as bad as the old one. Terrible movie.

Anything made by M. Night after Unbreakable. Especially Signs, because I actually watched that in the theaters.

Almost anything Martin Lawrence is in. Nothing to Lose was still pretty good, but everything else is just an attempt to capitalize on black stereotyping.

Nobody mentioned Battlefield Earth? Is it really that bad-funny?

#124950  by Eric
 Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:49 am
SineSwiper wrote:Nobody mentioned Battlefield Earth? Is it really that bad-funny?
It is.

#124954  by Zeus
 Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:10 am
Eric wrote:
SineSwiper wrote:Nobody mentioned Battlefield Earth? Is it really that bad-funny?
It is.
I agree. I was laughing my ass off when Travolta said "you had time to smelt it?!?" then just accepted the answer. It still makes me chuckle :-)

#124956  by Mully
 Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:18 am
Never bothered seeing it.

SineSwiper wrote:Also, the NEW version of Wicker Man is probably just as bad as the old one. Terrible movie.
Saw FUNNY clips on youtube here.

#124959  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:30 am
SineSwiper wrote:Ghost of Mars. It's worse than It's Pat. Why did John Carpenter put his name on that? If I made a movie like that, I wouldn't even want to bother screwing up my reputation.
Probably because he wrote, produced, and directed it. I don't see how you can really be surprised though. Have you not seen many John Carpenter films?

#124960  by Mully
 Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:31 am
Dutch wrote:
SineSwiper wrote:Ghost of Mars. It's worse than It's Pat. Why did John Carpenter put his name on that? If I made a movie like that, I wouldn't even want to bother screwing up my reputation.
Probably because he wrote, produced, and directed it. I don't see how you can really be surprised though. Have you not seen many John Carpenter films?
Yeah, he does all the music in MOST of his films, if not all of them.

#124962  by Kupek
 Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:39 am
SineSwiper wrote:At least Vampires was a remotely decent movie.
Vampires was surprisingly fun. James Woods made that movie. Pretty much everything else was bad, but it was fun to watch him.

Man, how did I forget this: Lost Highway.

#124968  by Zeus
 Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:22 pm
What about the movie all of us knew would suck before it came out? :-)

#124975  by RentCavalier
 Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:20 pm
The Whole Wide World, starring Renee Zellwegger. It's the movie about the life of Robert E. Howard, revolving around some romance he has with some girl.

The movie is boring as shit, and would appeal ONLY if you are a really, really heavy Robert Howard fan but even then you'd prolly hate it because the movie just revolves around Howard TALKING about Conan the Barbarian a lot. In fact, the movie's "action" scenes are just the camera slowly closing in on Howard's face while he gets all bug-eyed and describes a scene of Conan visciously killing something while epic, awesome music plays in the background.

Really, it just made me want another Conan movie.