The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• anime advice

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #125390  by bovine
 Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:36 am
My girlfriend and I watch the occasional anime together (~150 episodes of naruto, Evangelion, GitS:SAC, Haruhi, Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7, and Ranma 1/2), but she requires something with a more..... feminine side. You guys know any "romantic" anime serieses that I will be able to stand watching with her?

kthx

#125393  by SineSwiper
 Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:57 am
Elfin Lied. (Just kidding, but that series does has its moments...)

Macross Plus, and Full Metal Panic would be good choices. The first session of FMP is mostly the two of them in 15 minute episodes, but the second session actually has a real storyline that's really good.

I guess it depends on how romantic you need. I've never really jumped into anime like that. (In fact, I try to stay away from those.)

#125398  by Tessian
 Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:16 am
SineSwiper wrote:
Macross Plus, and Full Metal Panic would be good choices. The first session of FMP is mostly the two of them in 15 minute episodes, but the second session actually has a real storyline that's really good.
Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU season (sits inbetween the 1st and 2nd official seasons) is nothing but the cutesy schoolyard part of FMP. Chobits is a good romantic comedy too and so is DEARS I believe.

#125401  by M'k'n'zy
 Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:28 am
Fushigi Yugi is excelent. Once I am more awake I will think of some more.
 #125406  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:22 pm
bovine wrote:My girlfriend and I watch the occasional anime together (~150 episodes of naruto, Evangelion, GitS:SAC, Haruhi, Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7, and Ranma 1/2), but she requires something with a more..... feminine side. You guys know any "romantic" anime serieses that I will be able to stand watching with her?

kthx
Tenchi has girls and romantic stuff in it.
 #125409  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:28 pm
bovine wrote:My girlfriend and I watch the occasional anime together (~150 episodes of naruto, Evangelion, GitS:SAC, Haruhi, Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7, and Ranma 1/2), but she requires something with a more..... feminine side. You guys know any "romantic" anime serieses that I will be able to stand watching with her?

kthx
Ah! My Goddess.
Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS team.
RaXephon
Escaflowne

Those are the ones that come to mind.