The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• HXH update

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #129669  by Don
 Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:06 am
Another yearly installment of 10 part of HXH ends. Togashi shows he still knows how to create some really cool characters. After the Dragonball Z type "oh noes this guy has XYZ aura power" fight for the last 6 arcs or so, you'd sort of expect another off the scale power rating when Merumu finally gets into the action. But no, after your obligatory 'these attacks have no effect on him!' scene, Merumu simply says, "Do you understand now? The only way you can defeat me is verbally."

Which, of course, is actually quite true, since Merumu is quite willing to listen to humanity to explain why he should not just wipe them out. Unlike your usual super power god-like creatures that seems to define their godhood by the ability to blow things up, Merumu doesn't really flaunt his godlike powers. I'm sure the point is that he has nothing to prove to the humans by showing his power. His decision was already made (pretty much every human should die), but since he is essentially perfect physically and mentally, he was willing to listen to humanity explaining why they should live in case he forgot something during his decision.

Unfortunately it'd probably be another full year until this fight resumes. Though given Merumu is practically invincible, and HXH isn't into miracles, I'm guessing there isn't much to look forward to. It seems like this battle will indeed have to be resolved diplomatically, since physical force sure isn't going to cut it.