The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Silence of the lambs

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #139127  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:48 am
I just watched this one again last night for the first time in what must be almost 10 years. I forgot how awesome this one was. Very solid acting, some of the best performances ever. It also adds in some great disturbing humourous scenes like the Buffalo Bill dance to the song Goodbye Horses. Hannibal was an awesome character, a killer whose heartrate never even rose beyond 85 when he viciously ripped off the face of a nurse and ate her tongue; one of the best scenes of the movie (and still one of the most brutal scenes in a mainstream film to date) was his escape sequence.

While the movie was released in the middle of that famous serial killer era (Ted Bundy's execution; Jeffrey Dahmer, that Russian guy who went to court in a cage -the guy who needed to be killing to get an erection and ejaculate-, and Paul Bernardo in Canada) I still feel it holds up very strongly today. Of the newer movies in the series, I have only seen Red Dragon which I thought was also really good, but fell a little short of Silence of the lambs.

I recommend watching it if you haven't in a while.

#139129  by Mental
 Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm
It places the lotion in the basket.

#139130  by Flip
 Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:55 pm
I think Hannibal the book was better than Silence of the Lambs book, but the SotL movie was better than Hannibal the movie... :)

SotL movie took a lot of people by surprise and was kickass. It didnt need to explain a whole lot ot make sense while Hannibal tried to explain too much and didnt have enough time to do so. Buffalo Bill is a great creepy ass killer.

#139139  by bovine
 Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:23 pm
That reminded me of the golden age that I had goodbye horses as my ringtone.... I think it is time to relive that golden age.