The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• True Blood (S2 SPOILERS)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #140375  by SineSwiper
 Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:26 am
Jesus, Jason is a fucking idiot. I want to try to like the guy, but the only point for him is to fuck shit up. I feel sorry for Eggs getting killed. It's like she can't find somebody permanent to settle down with.

It's like nobody can fall in love with anybody. Reminds me of Lost in that aspect. Except of course Sookie and Bill, because that's really the whole point of the show. Also, Jessica is screwing up shit, too, which is also disappointing.

#140402  by Shrinweck
 Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:09 pm
I had some trouble with this season. All of the love stories have failed to interest me and I honestly felt Eggs was so uninteresting that I'm not surprised at all he got killed off. Plus he doesn't have powers and he isn't an attractive woman or already an important part of the town operating. Or related to the main character.

What attracts me to the series is the mythology and mysteries of the various supernatural beings. What makes me want to fast forward stuff is the lovey dovey majority of the series. Don't get me wrong, I'm typically a sucker for this stuff - I watch Gossip Girl (although usually drunk), but all the googly eyes and none of the interesting story makes me want to tune out.

At this point I'm only really interested in a few things. Whatever the hell Sookie is. Merlotte's back story seems like it's going to be interesting. They hardly even addressed whatever the hell is wrong (or... not?) with Tara and her mother, but that could possibly end up getting good later. Eric is interesting all around - no complaints there.

According to people who have read the book, the lovey dovey stuff is always an issue and if HBO doesn't deviate from this, then I may quit a few episodes into the next season. Well. Jessica is hot, so maybe a little more. The stuff between her and Bill that will probably happen next season will probably be compelling. But this is a lot of possibly and probably.

#140444  by Anarky
 Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:09 pm
Eggs dying was fine with me, could care less about that character.

I liked Jessica and Hoyt honestly, and not a fan of the direction they're taking her.

Eric is great, and so is Lafayette.

Jason had a redeeming moment this season, but that ended rather quickly. He also probably had my favorite line mentioning the zombie apocalypse.

The series and the book are starting to separate themselves, much like Dexter did. I know in the books Lafayette was killed off, and Godric was much different.

Speaking of Godric I really liked that character. Seems like the last 2 eps of season 2 kind of changed the tone dramatically from the rest of the season.

#140446  by Eric
 Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:11 pm
Damn right I am.