The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• The F.Y.E. business model

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #145423  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:13 pm
AKA Why I will never buy sought after anime titles online from Amazon.

I went to F.Y.E. today in search of a music CD. The closest Best Buy's around here have been neglecting their music selections now for the past 3-5 years. Selections are always getting slimmer and it is really discouraging me from buying music anymore even though a new release at Best Buy is $11.99 where as at F.Y.E. it is $17.99. Not to mention the particular title I'm looking for is out of print (3 years and it is out of print???). The title is Makoto's 'Believe in My Soul' which tracks from almost always end up on my Pandora radio station. At first, I decided to attempt to track it down via torrentz.com but found only that there were no active seeds for months. Looked on Amazon and there is one copy from a seller in the N-E-W jerz but he wants $50 for it + shipping. Now I know it is out of print but seriously? My friend has been raving about the F.Y.E. about 2 miles from me. In fact that is how I was able to get a couple of things like my Samurai Champloo boxset. So I decided to head on down there and take a look to see what their electronic/dance music had to offer.

Needless to say there were more place holders than CD's in both sections and there wasn't any place holders for Makoto, Blu Mar Ten, or LTJ Bukem. I decided I'd run over to the Anime section just to browse and see if I could get my hands on my NGE Movie boxset which my ex from college had managed to keep. Keep in mind, that on e-bay and amazon D&R used is at minimum $30 and EoE is $60 used. Both are over $100 new. I found the boxset for $30. FUCKING WIN! I need to go back there and trade in my old Farscape stuff to see how much of a credit I can get but, it has been 6 hours and I'm still in shock I got this. Not going to ever sell that.