The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Unlimited Blade Works 2014

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #164188  by Don
 Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:40 pm

The Fate series reminds me of Naruto where the game turns out to look way cooler than anything that ever happened in the manga. Okay it only took like 5 or so tries and 10 years to get it right but I think this is the first time Saber (blonde girl) who actually looked cool, and I hate Saber. There's some gross discrepency compared to the original, which was 15 pages of text where you're told Ilya (girl with white hair) and Berserker (big guy) are way too powerful to be affected by any attack our heroes have, so kudos to the Anime team for not sticking to the script. Rin (girl with black hair) versus Ilya seems gratitously fan service especially with the phantom bird or whatever the heck Ilya was using that's from Fate Zero but I guess since Ilya knows every magic spell that has or will exist it's okay she uses spells her mother used from the prequel. I feel bad for Rin because she's supposed to be working 3 jobs when she's not fighting other super powerful humans to fund her gem magic but she always runs into people who have magic immunity and watch her life saving going down the drain. Then again, if she doesn't have such bad luck she'd just end up accidentally destroying the entire universe like she did in Hollow Ataraxia when Ilya loaned her some money for her experiments.

Too bad the rest of the story is going to suck if it remotely sticks to the original story line where Saber gets mysteriously defeated by Caster despite Saber having magic immunity. I really hate the setting of Fate because it's supposed to be a 7 way battle but pretty much the heroes you see here (Archer, Saber, Berserker) can faceroll anyone else that's not themselves, and Archer is only strong because he's a cheater. Otherwise it's fairly unlikely for any of the other heroes to even harm Saber or Berserker let alone defeat them.