The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• manga update

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #165284  by Don
 Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:26 pm
Yotsuba - Or rather, the lack of update. I'm starting to get really annoyed at some of the guys who have talent but don't stick to a schedule. I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be their job so they should stick to some kind of schedule. It's hard work and I guess some of these guys don't really need the money, but you shouldn't just start stuff and randomly take an year break.

Screaming Class - Lasted longer than it should have, but was at least okay.

Prism Ilya 3 - Gilgamesh killed Thor, or something. What's next. Gilgamesh versus Goku? Gilgamesh versus Superman? Gilgamesh versus Goku and Superman at the same time? Gilgamesh said he's a greater hero than Harry Potter in a world where power is measured by fame. I realize this stuff technically isn't canon except the canon stuff is even worse with the Gilgamesh man-crush. I think the whole story forgot that this is supposed to be some kind of vaguely magical girl world and instead it's just Gilgamesh saying how he's cooler than every hero in fiction put together. I remember seeing this behavior called a Wesley (ala Star Trek) but this is like wayyyyy beyond that. This isn't just the author's pet that manages to show up and do well for no explainable reason. It's outright hallucination because the backdrop of the Fate universe is that fame determines a hero's power, and Gilgamesh is a relatively unknown guy so far as heroes go. Sure he might be the first epic but that's only good for Jeporady. I guess he's supposed to be powerful according to the legends, but as pointed out by several guys, both Goku and Doraemon are way stronger than him and are probably more well-known in the modern world compared to him.

Slime Girl and the Hero Study Club - In the past an epic battle between the final boss and the hero broke out, and the final boss won and the world got taken over by monsters. Due to prolonged peace the monsters aren't good at fighting anymore and now the hero is supposed to return once again. So some high school girls decided to band together to defeat the hero, consisting of a golem, chimaera (which is like a chicken and a dove now because there aren't any strong monsters left), and a slime. And if you're wondering how in the world are they supposed to beat the legendary hero with such a ragtag group of monsters, that's a pretty interesting question. In this world they play the top selling game Hero Hunter instead of Monster Hunter. It's already ended but I haven't seen the ending yet, but I'm guessing they'd never get to fight the hero. Note that this is an obvious DQ themed manga, as the hero uses lightning as his ultimate spell and the slime is indeed the weakest and first enemy you see, which shows how futile the quest to stop the hero is.

Hero joins up with the Final Boss - (it's the quote from Dragon Quest when the final boss asks the hero to join him and so on). I know most of this stuff I read you guys would never have heard of so you're not in danger of ever seeing this, but whatever you do, don't get this. The first chapter starts out kind of interesting as it's the hero fighting the final boss, and the final boss asked the hero to join her side because this good versus evil is just a plot by the military-industrial complex and that the only guys who benefit from this eternal conflict are the item shop owners, but if the hero joined her they'd be able to use the power of Adam Smith and take over the world with capitalism (and maybe get some free sex on the side). The hero decided to sign up and I think they tried to monopolize the world's supply of potato, or something. None of these crackpot ideas ever made sense or even get anywhere. The action totally sucks, and in general it's a total waste of bandwidth to pirate.

Nobi Nobita's Biohazard - As in, Nobita of Doraemon. It seems to be about the quality of a web comic and I wouldn't be surprised if it was. The zombies have invaded Nobita's city and it's to Nobita and friends to save the world. Now, ignoring the fact that a Dorae has the power to destroy the universe (sort of can get around that because Doraemon's powers are never usable in such scenarios), whoever made this apparently forgot that Nobi Nobita was like the Revolver Ocelot before there was Revolver Ocelot (he predates MGS by at least 20 years). Nobita does not need to reload in battle because he has NEVER missed a single shot. Obviously this is just some random survival horror manga that attempts to leverage on two well-known franchises but it's hard to take things seriously when you see Nobita hits a zombie and have the bullet bounce off. Nobita can literally hit any spot from anywhere with a gun. It'd look like one of those TAS videos if he really was in the world of Biohazard.