The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Batman vs. Superman

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #168172  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:45 pm
Saw this one tonight: unless you like Zack Snyder films, don't watch it.

Lots of speed up and slow down stuff, weird pretentious artsy scenes, and everyone in the movie has to yell in anger. The whole thing gets terribly bogged down in coincidental story points and related side plots that are hard to give a shit about; kind of like another recent super hero movie - in fact, it's pretty much Avengers 2 if it was mashed into some of that cheesy/stupid The 300! style scenes. Lots of stuff that doesn't matter, and when you take what's left between these three movies, there's about enough interesting plot to fill a Saturday morning kids show.

What else... There was a scene where Batman is attacking docks, and it was filled with star wars sound effects. Then at the end they even had a cave troll.

Affleck stole the show - but realistically he was stealing candy from a baby; and it's just sad seeing him and some of the other actors wasted in this film. The movie would have done better with Affleck writing and directing, and if it were much more focused on Batman instead of a jumbled mess with superman.
 #168175  by Eric
 Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:49 pm
Yeah I heard the best part about this was Affleck's Batman. Everything else was awful. Snyder is a fraud.
 #168177  by kali o.
 Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:06 pm
I hope you are both just jaded. Miller's The Dark Knight Returns was probably my favourite comic and I am super stoked for the movie....

...if they fucked it up, I will be seriously bummed...
 #168178  by Shrinweck
 Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:11 am
I've heard bad things about it in a podcast I listen to. It's a shame. I don't really even like the Batman comic and this was one of the exceptions to that.
 #168181  by Eric
 Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:12 am
kali o. wrote:I hope you are both just jaded. Miller's The Dark Knight Returns was probably my favourite comic and I am super stoked for the movie....

...if they fucked it up, I will be seriously bummed...
Hey at least we got the 2 animated movies of that comic. It was pretty damn good.
 #168197  by Eric
 Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:16 pm
Anarky wrote:[youtube]https://youtu.be/cwXfv25xJUw[/youtube]
Fail Anarky! :P

Movie has some fantastic action, but my inner geek that knows these DC characters was kinda disgusted by this movie. =/

Hope you enjoy it more then I did Kali.

*Goes back to watch Dark Knight Returns animated movies again*
 #168200  by kali o.
 Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:03 pm
I liked the "content" of the movie...but I have to admit it was very oddly made (tonally, plot and more).
Examples...
Tone: Super dark, but silly/stupid in parts
Plot: I have to turn off my brain to make character motivation and actions make sense. And the Martha angle...geeze.
Misc: Lex was terrible and confusing. What the fuck is up with the dream sequences? Why is the bat branding folks?

This was a really weirdly executed movie...but I haven't really liked anything from Snyder besides Dawn of the Dead.