The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Stephen King

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #168269  by Shellie
 Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:43 am
Sure, he's not the greatest author, but he is a huge part of my childhood. I read "It" at probably 12 or 13 and was hooked ever since. My bookshelves were full of every book I could get my dad to buy me. I didn't have many friends growing up, but I had my books!

He's coming to Louisville for I guess a reading of his new book, and I am going! I'm pretty excited.

The last book of his I read was 11/22/63. Pretty decent, I just finished the Hulu series of it, and it was done very well in my opinion.
 #168342  by Flip
 Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:06 pm
I'm also a pretty big fan and read most of his older stuff, but i dont think i've picked up anything recent after Cell. I see they are making a Dark Tower movie series, finally, with Idris Elba as Roland. Super interesting choice! Roland was def not black in the books, but i like where they are going with it.

King should get more credit. Yes, he is already famous, but his writing is really good, IMO. I've read a lot of thrillers and horror, but he somehow words everything better.