The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Anyone see The Weakest Link tonight?  Best new show on TV this year...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#43672  by Manshoon
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 12:59 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Times New Roman", Modern; text-align: left; '>Saw the last half hour of it after I remembered it was on. Looked pretty good.</div>

#43673  by Tortolia
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 1:05 am
<div style='font: 9pt arial, Modern; text-align: left; '>I wasn't in the room, and I had my VCR taping Boston Public. Very bad time block, from my perspective - else I'd watch/tape it.</div>

#43675  by Ishamael
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 2:10 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Boston Public annoys me because I never had ANY teachers who looked half as good as the ugliest chick on that show.... ;)</div>

#43676  by Ishamael
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 2:11 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>The format and pacing of the show is awesome. I like it a lot...I'll catch it tomorrow night too...as long as it doesn't clash with Dark Angel....</div>

#43678  by Crono
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 3:55 am
<div style='font: 12pt Arial, Modern; text-align: left; '>I'm not sure when the final time slots will be, but I'd hope for 10pm EST maybe (cause that's after primetime, and I have a set of primetime to watch on Monday through Wednesday).</div>

#43689  by SineSwiper
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 9:11 am
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", Modern; text-align: left; '>Bah! Dark Angel is pretty weak.</div>
 #43700  by S.Cody2
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 11:46 am
<div style='font: 10pt "Copperplate Gothic", Modern; text-align: left; '>The host also adds longer pauses in speech than William Shatner was reputed to. You can just tell someone's trying to make that tagline the next "final answer" ("Who is --------------- the weakest link?").

The first guy who got kicked off roused a chuckle, though. Although answering all but one question wrong, he proclaimed himself to be the best chance at the 1 million dollars. Yeah, maybe he'd impress the judges with his reverse approach to right answers. He was so bitter at Marcus too, the guy who pointed out the Frosty mistake (who doesn't know that?) he tried to pretend as though not knowing what the 'W' in GWB's name stood for was some kind of high treason and that he should go to the 'void of Canada' (Score 1 for patriotic retards). So while I didn't like the show, I can't say it was completely devoid of entertainment value.</div>

#43715  by Blotus
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 3:18 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow", Modern; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>I'd like to punch that host in the face.</div>

#43736  by Tessian
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 9:20 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion, Modern; text-align: left; '>that was soo fucking annoying! I couldn't stand 5 minutes of it without getting all frustrated at their idiocy</div>