The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• About friggin' time.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #44315  by Tessian
 Mon May 07, 2001 8:12 am
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion, Modern; text-align: left; '>Didn't look bad.. but it didn't impress me either. The plot and story, I'm talkin about,, I think it's kind of a stretch.
The cinematics, on the other hand... damn! Those raptors look hellacool! If I go to see it, it will be to see the raptors</div>
 #44317  by Kupek
 Mon May 07, 2001 12:08 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Verdana, Tahoma, Modern; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>The original Jurrasic Park was so fun because everyone was going "Sweet merciful Christ on a crutch, these are freaking <I><B>dinosaurs</B></I>!" and you were drawn into the same frame of mind. That would be pretty silly now. And I love how they need a mechanism for them to get back on the island, so the morons just try to land a plane. Right. How convenient. Can we say plot device? It's just an excuse to have another movie where they all run from the dinosaurs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will be a fun movie, just nothing incredible. I'll catch it in the dollar theatre or as a rental.</div>

#44318  by Torgo
 Mon May 07, 2001 12:33 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial, Modern; text-align: left; '>I'm certainly not expecting much from the story, just a lot of CG dinosaurs running around ripping things to shreds. It's one of those movies better experienced on the big screen. That's why I can't wait till I get home...cheap theater paradise in time for the Summer movie season.</div>

#44319  by G-man Joe
 Mon May 07, 2001 12:41 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "comic sans MS", Modern; text-align: left; '>Yep. By copter or boat would have made more sense, considering the circumstances. An open airfield....on a island of dinos.</div>

#44321  by Kupek
 Mon May 07, 2001 2:33 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Verdana, Tahoma, Modern; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>"What could possibly go wrong?"</div>

#44397  by S.Cody2
 Tue May 08, 2001 8:38 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Copperplate Gothic", Modern; text-align: left; '>Grass stains on their Dockers.</div>