The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Anyone know where I can d/l the full Voyager finale?  I can get DSL here but not UPN for some wacky reason.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #45017  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon May 28, 2001 6:24 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '><a href="http://www.limewire.com/download/">Download</a> it here, install it then log into the video's community and see if you can find it. Just search for it in the search window.</div>

#45034  by Manshoon
 Tue May 29, 2001 5:32 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>Thanks Barret.  I found it, now it's just a question of if I can get all of it.</div>

#45035  by Judgment 1999
 Tue May 29, 2001 5:49 am
<div style='font: 14pt Tahoma; text-align: left; '>Good luck to you. How big will a 2-hour movie file be? o_O</div>

#45036  by Torgo
 Tue May 29, 2001 6:54 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Not to mention he'll be using Limewire. Satan'll have his own sno-cone stand before he gets the whole episode.</div>

#45037  by SineSwiper
 Tue May 29, 2001 12:13 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Limewire seems to have gotten better with their network.</div>

#45041  by Manshoon
 Tue May 29, 2001 2:04 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>500 megs worth. I've got 200 and counting, but Limewire says it "couldn't download". If that's the case, why the hell is my modem still getting it?.</div>

#45043  by Manshoon
 Tue May 29, 2001 3:35 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>Bah, disregard the above.</div>

#45044  by Manshoon
 Tue May 29, 2001 6:02 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>Problem solved. Found a website that had them and supported DAP. Going to have to watch this thing after I get off work tonight.</div>

#45052  by Manshoon
 Wed May 30, 2001 5:19 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>Holy shit! Now I know what all the hoopla down below was about. Great ending.</div>

#45054  by Little Washu
 Wed May 30, 2001 11:46 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Give me an address, I haven't seen it either.</div>
 #45055  by SineSwiper
 Wed May 30, 2001 1:08 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>A plothole to fit a Mack truck into:

If the Borg could use the hub to go to Earth, why didn't they do it earlier?

Ever since Gene died, the whole series is fill of unrealistic plotholes like that.</div>
 #45058  by Manshoon
 Wed May 30, 2001 2:22 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>Not to mention the Borg queen was alive and well, even though she was killed in First Contact. I'm sure if you tell a Trekkie any of this, they'll make up some incredibly unbeliveable explanation that only Trekkies could appreciate. And then there's the whole time travel thing. If it worked the way it was supposed to, things would've changed the moment Admiral Janeway went back in time. Of course, that'd mean there'd be no part 2 to watch.

Watching Star Trek nowadays pretty much requires suspending any notion of continuity.</div>
 #45059  by Tessian
 Wed May 30, 2001 3:03 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>No one knows what the hell happens if you even CAN go back in time. Theoretically, if Janeway 25 years in the future gets a time machine, goes back and saves her crew,, then 25 years later, the current Janeway will have no reason to get a time machine and save her crew.. it's all very paradoxal</div>

#45060  by Ishamael
 Wed May 30, 2001 4:09 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>The Borg have been to Earth. In fact, they almost wiped out the solar system in the NG and they actually did take over earth in an alternate future in the the second NG movie...</div>

#45061  by Ishamael
 Wed May 30, 2001 4:11 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Yeah, the Borg Queen thing is confusing. Is it the same Borg Queen from the movie? Did they rebuild the Borg Queen? Was the Borg Queen truly killed to begin with in the movie? Inquiring minds want to know...</div>

#45082  by SineSwiper
 Thu May 31, 2001 2:45 am
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>They sent what, one ship out there?</div>
 #45083  by SineSwiper
 Thu May 31, 2001 2:57 am
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Actually, that goes for just about any movie/series. That's the main reasons why I didn't like Sliders. Okay, first of all, if you do ANYTHING back in time, you are going to COMPLETELY change the timeline. If you go back in time five years and sneeze, then go forward to present, anything and everything could have changed. Nevermind the fact that the further back you go in time, the more drastic the changes. Go back to the dino period and sneeze, and you'd end up killing the human race.

Also, screenwriters loooove to pull these time paradoxes on you with the circular time loop thing. The timeline is not ONE timeline! For god's sake, it's an infinate number of timelines. If you shoot your grandfather, you're not going to just disappear. Instead, the current you will stay there (since you're from a timeline where your grandfather <u>wasn't</u> shot), and the you from the timeline you're currently in will not exist (since you just shot "his" grandfather). if you go back five minutes, and stop yourself from going into the time machine, you're be just fine, except there will be two of you.</div>

#45084  by SineSwiper
 Thu May 31, 2001 2:59 am
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I like the Borg better when it wasn't a "hive". The idea of a singular Queen is ineffiencent. A collective leadership (which is no leadership) is much better.</div>

#45090  by Ishamael
 Thu May 31, 2001 2:21 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>That's all it took.</div>

#45091  by SineSwiper
 Thu May 31, 2001 2:22 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Apparently not, since the Earth hasn't been taken over.</div>