The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Musical Montage!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #45127  by Imakeholesinu
 Sat Jun 16, 2001 8:26 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Well, since the shrine went down and a bit before that, I've been listening to hella music. One of my fav's right now is done by a guy called "Unkle". It's a mixture of some rap with techno, very kick ass. My friend that I went to dallas with has been addicted to the new Weezer album so I've heard alot off that including Hash Pipe, although I found the video disappointing. Next up, the slow and spooky sounds of Portishead's self titled album, I've never been in love and scared at the same time, that's just how freaky that girl's voice is. My friend also had a cover song of a Bjork's "Hyper Ballad" which was pretty kick ass. Let's see here, whatelse, oh yes, the "Plastic" compolation I heard while I was in Dallas, bunch of techno on that, sweet stuff like some old school Crystal Method remix of "Now is the Time".

Today at work, I finally got to here the song that had a lot of buzz around it. It was the number one song on amerian top 40 this morning, Lady Marmalade off the MR soundtrack. Anyone seen that movie yet? Having a dish down in Texas was awesome, cause I got to watch MTV, then I found out how bad it had gotten and decided to watch formula 1 motorcycle racing in Germany instead. But I did get to see the new Maria Carey video, which I just muted and watched, and I saw the video of Rehab's "It Don't Matter". The song kicked ass, the video sucked ass. Oh yeah, my bro was smart and picked up a copy of the new Tool album also. Maynard owns me. My boy Paul Oakenfeld and the Crystal Method are back in action on the Swordfish soundtrack, gotta pick that up, that's also one of the brighter parts of the film if I may add.

That's it for now.</div>

#45128  by S.Cody2
 Sat Jun 16, 2001 10:55 pm
<div style='font: 14pt Plakatbau; text-align: left; '>If you ever say hella again, you're outta here. And UNKLE is DJ Shadow and James Lavelle, plus many kick-ass guests.</div>

#45154  by ManaMan
 Sun Jun 17, 2001 5:06 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Helvetica; text-align: left; '>You have good taste in music.</div>

#45166  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon Jun 18, 2001 12:47 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>That is hella tight!</div>

#45195  by Nev
 Wed Jun 20, 2001 2:02 am
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 8% 0% 8%; '>Who appointed you vocabulary arbiter? Hella gets a lot of use in the bay area and Northern California in general.</div>

#45206  by Gentz
 Wed Jun 20, 2001 1:38 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Yeah, but Barret lives in Missouri. Plus, he's gay : )</div>