The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I heard Planet of the Apes was pretty damn stupid! (maybe this'll work) But I'm gonna see it anyway!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #45962  by G-man Joe
 Fri Jul 27, 2001 11:40 am
<div style='font: 11pt "comic sans MS"; text-align: left; '>I heard Planet of the Apes was pretty damn stupid! (maybe this'll work) But I'm gonna see it anyway!</div>

#45964  by Blotus
 Fri Jul 27, 2001 12:26 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>No way! It's got Tim Roth... TIM ROTH! C'mon now...</div>

#45966  by Tortolia
 Fri Jul 27, 2001 1:35 pm
<div style='font: 9pt arial; text-align: left; '>All I know is that my work shift tonight is going to be hell, because we're right across from a movie theature, and we're going to get mobbed when the movie lets out...I'm all over it tomorrow, though.</div>

#45972  by Kupek
 Fri Jul 27, 2001 3:17 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Verdana, Tahoma; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Where do you work?</div>
 #45976  by Manshoon
 Fri Jul 27, 2001 9:43 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>The setup for getting on the planet is laughable at best. Guy goes out in ship to bring back his pet chimp who disappeared in an eletrical storm that just happens to function as a time-warp as well. Despite the fact that the humans on the planet can talk and have more than a spark of intelligence to them, they get dismissed by the apes as being too violent for their own good. Cheesy one-liners abound, and shamelessly rip from the original movie. The ending is totally messed up. Everything's the same on Earth, except there's apes instead of humans, with no explanation on how that happened. The best thing I liked seeing was the apes in action. Those things are burly and can move as fast as shit (seeing the chimps outrun the riders on horseback was really something).

Amazingly enough, the theatre here actually got this movie the same time as everywhere else. Unfortunately, it's the only thing they're going to be showing for 2 weeks, meaning I have to wait that long to see anything halfway decent, like A.I.</div>

#45987  by Torgo
 Sat Jul 28, 2001 3:06 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Sounds like something food related.</div>

#45989  by Ishamael
 Sat Jul 28, 2001 4:12 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Don't listen to the critics. This is a fun movie to watch. Watch and enjoy...</div>