The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Action Figure Party, 311, and Gorillaz!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #46295  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue Aug 07, 2001 3:54 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I picked up Action Figure Party, which is a bunch of artists getting together and doing sort of big bass and jazzy tunes. Gabay from 'Soul Coughing' is on the album, and I like Soul Coughing so it was a must to pick up. Songs that kicked ass, Action Figure Party, Flow, and No Sleep.

311, I picked up two albums by them, Music and From Chaos. Music is a lot of their old stuff, good stuff, nice summer time stuff. From Chaos has the <I>head</I> liner 'You Wouldn't Believe'(PUNS ARE FUNS!). Also, the album titled song kicks ass.

Gorillaz self titled album is INSANE! Along with everyone's favorite cooky song, 'Clint Eastwood', the rest of the album is amazingly decent also, with bass lines to kick! 'Latin Simone', 'Double Bass', and 'Rock the House' back up the 'Clint Eastwood' hit. Last week while I was at work, these guys called The Point (radio station). They are fucking insane, oh, and for those of you who are wondering, Noodles is really a 10 year old girl who doesn't speak english. Apparently they found her in a crate and some chemicals affected her. I don't know the entire story, I was to busy cooking.

Anyway, also got my hands on the Nelly Furtado single 'Turn off The Lights', damn good song.</div>

#46451  by Crono
 Wed Aug 15, 2001 7:55 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I really like the Gorillaz album, too. But jeez, 311's "You Wouldn't Believe" (especially back at first hearing) made me go "ick, this fucking blows." And I RARELY say that.</div>