The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• "My name is Maximus Decimus Miridus.  I'm honor of the armies of the north, general of the felix legions, loyal to the True emperor Markus Aurelius.  Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife... and I will have my vengeance.. in this life

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #46463  by Tessian
 Thu Aug 16, 2001 3:38 am
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>Damn I love Gladiator! (Took me 5 minutes of rewinding back and forth to get all of that written down) To keep my mind from darker thoughts.. I watched it tonight. I watched it just as I had Unbreakable... and I can say that the setting DOES help; good thing I'd seen the movie 5x already. Great freakin movie... it's got war, blood, emotion, subversion, sick twisted sister-banging pyschos.. everything.

I sometimes have popped in the DVD just to watch the opening battle :)

The General who became a Slave
The Slave who became a Gladiator
The Gladiator who defied an Emperor</div>

#46464  by SineSwiper
 Thu Aug 16, 2001 8:17 am
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Good. Now see Caligula next. (Funny, I was just talking about that in the previous post.)</div>

#46470  by Blotus
 Thu Aug 16, 2001 9:23 am
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>I liked it too. Shouldn't have gotten the Oscar though, says I.</div>

#46489  by Nev
 Fri Aug 17, 2001 4:37 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 8% 0% 8%; '>Rent Braveheart now. It is what people said Gladiator was. Gladiator was good...but Braveheart moved me to something that was like tears mixed with my heart shouting.</div>

#46495  by Tessian
 Fri Aug 17, 2001 8:56 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>Hehe.. rented it on DVD tonight.. I'll watch it sometime this weekend</div>

#46496  by Eric
 Sat Aug 18, 2001 12:45 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>I hope that sometime covers a 3 hour span. :P</div>