The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Quick review of The Others...[NO SPOILERS]

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #46506  by Ishamael
 Sat Aug 18, 2001 1:41 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Now I know this movie is not something everyone will like. It's sort of built in the same vein as Unbreakable as far as plot buildup is concerned. A lot of people won't have the patience to sit through this or just don't like movies that take this route.

However, I for one don't mind the slow buildup (didn't mind it in Unbreakable either). The tone of the movie is very well done and the plot pacing reminds of Hitchcock in a lot of ways. Really good movie...</div>

#46509  by Kupek
 Sat Aug 18, 2001 2:05 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana, tahoma; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>I liked it. Good ghost story. Those two kids were amazing.</div>

#46510  by Ishamael
 Sat Aug 18, 2001 2:07 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Performances all around were really great. I think my favorite performance was either Kidman's (this is easily my favorite movie of her's) or the old woman housekeeper.</div>

#46511  by Kupek
 Sat Aug 18, 2001 2:18 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana, tahoma; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Kidman and the housekeeper were really good, but it just blows me away when little kids can act so well.</div>

#46512  by G-man Joe
 Sat Aug 18, 2001 2:21 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "comic sans MS"; text-align: left; '>Someone told me it was old school thriller. Let's see if my girlfriend's 15 year old sister likes it. She's what I call - MTV Generation.</div>

#46516  by Blotus
 Sat Aug 18, 2001 3:38 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>Indeed it is.</div>

#46553  by G-man Joe
 Fri Aug 24, 2001 12:01 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "comic sans MS"; text-align: left; '>I just saw it a few days ago. They were quite convincing...scared, angry, frustrated....didn't look like acting. Looked like they actually FELT that way!</div>

#46554  by SineSwiper
 Fri Aug 24, 2001 1:08 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Yeah, and I'm sure Kidman didn't look like she was acting, either. I'm sure she looked like she actually FELT that way, right? (Psst...that's called acting.)</div>

#46557  by G-man Joe
 Fri Aug 24, 2001 1:30 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "comic sans MS"; text-align: left; '>Sine, I know you try very very hard to make yourself look intelligent.....but you're still dumb. Yes, good actors will empathize with the character they're playing and not look fake. Psst....I know it's acting. But they did a great job.</div>

#46578  by Torgo
 Sat Aug 25, 2001 10:36 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I thought it was pretty damn good. Can't wait for the DVD to come out. I'd like to hear a commentary on it.</div>