The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Anybody else get the Episode One DVD?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #47521  by WolfSamurai
 Mon Oct 22, 2001 4:37 pm
<div style='font: 14pt Agatha; text-align: left; '>The extras disk is awesome. Real damned good stuff, I thought. I especially enjoyed the Making Of documentary since it really was a making of feature instead of a hype machine. It's hard to get annoyed with Lucas over who he cast for Anakin after seeing who his final 4 choices for the part were. *shudder* It's a scary thought when Jake "I'm a little wooden actor" Lloyd is by far the best choice in a group. It's also harder to hate Jar Jar after seeing the guy who played him who is pretty damned cool. It's harder to hate Jar Jar, but still very much worth the effort. The deleted scenes were pretty nifty, though nothing really spectacular. The audio commentary on the actual movie was pretty damned dissapointing though. I'd gotten used to the really cool commentary tracks on Army of Darkness or Farscape or even Crouching Tiger. You can easily tell that they had three different commentary tracks recorded seperately and they spliced them together, which means there's very little interaction between the people commenting. It comes across as very stale and disjointed. They should have either left the tracks seperate or actually have gotten everybody in the same room to do it. Overall it was pretty cool though. Now if Lucas would just release the original trilogy on DVD...</div>

#47527  by Ishamael
 Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:55 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>'Twill be mine soon enough. Do you know if Lucas is even planning on releasing the orignal trilogy on DVD? Knowing that greedy bastard, he'll do it one at a time instead of one big package....no good lousy Lucas!</div>
 #47530  by WolfSamurai
 Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:51 am
<div style='font: 14pt Agatha; text-align: left; '>...and I hope I'm wrong, that Lucas has no plans to bring the original trilogy to DVD until the rest of the prequel movies are done. IOW, about 2006. I can see it happening, but then again Lucas originally said that he wouldn't be releasing any of the prequel movies on DVD until 2006 either and we've got Episode 1. And I have an evil feeling that he'll do it one at a time and then after everybody's got them like that, he'll release a big assed special feature laden box set for each trilogy. And after everybody buys those, he'll release the Star Wars Super-Duper Edition with all 6 movies and other cool things that the box sets didn't have.</div>

#47532  by Slappy White
 Tue Oct 23, 2001 9:34 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Yes. The extras are cool.</div>

#47550  by New and Improved Zeus
 Wed Oct 24, 2001 11:00 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>2005 you'll get them, after Episode 3</div>

#47590  by New and Improved Zeus
 Mon Oct 29, 2001 6:39 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah, sounds like him</div>