The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Anyone else see Firestarter: Rekindled?  I never saw the original movie, or read the King book... but damn (maybe a small spoiler)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #48766  by Tessian
 Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:44 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>It was one sad emotional miniseries... probably shouldn't have watched it in my weakening mental state, but it was good. There was a hidden message in there about Fate and destiny and how they're unavoidable. One man who survived Lot 6 is, in a word, omniscant. Literally, he can see the past, present, and future all at once. The future, like the past, is unalterable; what has to happen Will happen and you are only given the illusion of having a choice in life. Now this guy was only in the 2nd half of the series and wasn't really the focus; but he was real creepy and probably one of my favorite characters :) "Can you take us to the hospital?" I always do.
Being all knowing sounds fun in the beginning, but how about if you knew it all and couldn't do a damned thing to stop it? Even though Charley Magee was the star (and a damn hot one at that; in both meanings of the word.. hell there were some pretty raunchy scenes that showed and did everything you can do on cable) this character really embodied what the movie seemed to be about; Fate.

I leave you with the last thing the omniscent man (gotta rewatch to see his name) said:
"You're going to get everything you've ever wanted; I feel sorry for you"</div>

#48767  by Gentz
 Tue Mar 12, 2002 5:07 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>I refused to watch it due to the ridiculous amount of hype scifi is giving it</div>

#48768  by Torgo
 Tue Mar 12, 2002 7:08 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I take it then that you passed on "A Season on the Brink."</div>

#48769  by Tessian
 Tue Mar 12, 2002 8:58 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>yes.. that's true. It did annoy me... annoyed me enough to watch it just to satisfy my curiousity</div>

#48775  by Gentz
 Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:21 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>We just got scifi a couple months ago, so I'm not really aware of that one</div>

#48778  by Blotus
 Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:30 am
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>I saw the movie long ago, but can't remember much aside from the fact that Drew Barrymore was in it.</div>

#48782  by Torgo
 Wed Mar 13, 2002 1:56 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>It's actually the Bobby Knight TV movie on ESPN. I just brought it up because it was way overhyped last week, meaning the ads aired every 15 minutes on channels other than ESPN.</div>

#48783  by Gentz
 Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:41 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Ah, ok. I don't watch ESPN at all, which would explain that : )</div>