The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• so what's everyone listening to these days?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #49629  by Gideon
 Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:11 pm
<div style='font: ; text-align: left; '>me:

Godspeed You Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
Slowride - As I Survive the Suicide Bomber
Pedro The Lion - It's Hard To Find A Friend
Radiohead - OK Computer
Belle And sebastian - The Boy With the Arab Strap
Weezer - Blue Album
Slint - Spiderland
Album Leaf - Orchestrated rise To fall
The PIxies - Doolittle
Mogwai - Young Team
Converge - Jane Doe</div>

#49632  by Kupek
 Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:43 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Some random stuff, but mainly Flogging Molly (Swagger and Drunken Lullabies). Irish punk. Good stuff.</div>

#49638  by Gone to Shakers
 Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:10 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>The only CD I've bought this year is Eminem's new one, mostly I've just been listening to what's being played on the radio or TV.</div>

#49640  by G-man Joe
 Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:44 am
<div style='font: 11pt "comic sans MS"; text-align: left; '>Nothing. I hate Eminem, I hate Dave Matthews, I hate Xbox, I hate......Kelly Osbourne's singing.</div>
 #49641  by Gentz
 Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:57 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>As for my current listening library, I recently got BOAC's Modern Originalus and In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel. Both amazing albums (and judging from your tastes, Gideon, I think you'd really enjoy the latter if you haven't checked them out yet).</div>

#49642  by Gone to Shakers
 Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:37 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>What G-man means is he's been listening to a lot of Shakira and Ricki Martin, I remember him posting that down somewhere below =)</div>

#49644  by Torgo
 Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:21 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Those guys rock. I like Celtic instruments and guitars, so they were pretty easy for me to get into.</div>
 #49645  by Torgo
 Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:45 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Various Buckethead CDs. This dude has appeared in a shitload of albums, but I'm mainly listening to Monsters and Robots, Bucketheadland, and Praxis - Metatron.

Also got into E. S. Posthumus pretty recently; you might have heard some of their stuff in the Spiderman trailer. It's kind of a mixture of electronic music, vocals, and some cultural instruments, like flutes and violins. I'm only listening to MP3s at the moment, but I think I'll get a CD. The music more than warrants a purchase.</div>
 #49647  by Imakeholesinu
 Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:20 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I'm going by Albums...

311 - From Chaos
Radiohead - OK Computer
Human Traffic Soundtrack
Moby - Everything is Wrong
Underworld - Everything, Everything
Unkle - Psycence Fiction
Handsome Boy Modeling School
Vanessa Carlton - Be Not Nobody (God damn she's cute!)
Chibo Matto - Sterotype A
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Apartment 26 - Hallucinating

Now by songs that I've downloaded...

Stained - Ephiany (SP)
Alien Antfarm - Welcome
Incubus - Warning
Hoobestank (SP?) - Running Away
Pete Tong - Ananda Project
Art of Trance - Kaleidoscope
Ian Van Dahl - Castles In The Sky
ATB - Don't Stop
KMFDM - Ultra

That's about it...</div>

#49648  by WolfSamurai
 Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:57 am
<div style='font: 14pt Agatha; text-align: left; '>Having read these two posts, I downloaded some mp3s from them and they do indeed kick much ass. Though it doesn't feel a lot like punk to me.</div>

#49649  by G-man Joe
 Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:57 am
<div style='font: 11pt "comic sans MS"; text-align: left; '>Shakira and her wiggling hips.....damn....I only like her videos. That's it. How can you not like her videos? She moves like she's on top of someone's shlong. Long live Rock and Roll.....Seeker once tried out for New Kids on the Block.</div>

#49650  by Derithian
 Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:37 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>everything but techno and pop</div>
 #49653  by Anarky
 Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:32 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Uhhh i don't by CD's but i download a shitload of MP3's from artist, well i do listen to some CD's

AFI
The Ataris
Jimmy Eat World (JEW)
DDR MP3's ;o)
Lords of Acid - only have like 3 songs but they are kool
One of Our Own (local band)
Good RIddance
Rise Against
Prodigy

Mostly punk music and some techno, ocassional metal - hard rock, if i like the sound i download it, i have a couple of radiohead MP3's

Oh and Flogging Molly is the SHIT!!!!</div>

#49655  by Ishamael
 Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:43 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>aww. How can you hate Kelly Osbourne? She struggled to reach the pinnacle she's on now and you don't appreciate it? For shame...</div>

#49656  by Ishamael
 Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:45 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Nice move....but that's like her only move...she's gotta expand the repoitoire. Even Britanny Spears has about 5 different stripper moves she recycles...</div>

#49659  by Flip
 Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:03 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>and country</div>

#49660  by Gone to Shakers
 Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:32 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Heh, the kinds of music that I tend to stay away from, though I'm OK with most pop music, it's just fun to listen to.</div>

#49661  by Kupek
 Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:42 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Depends on the song. The faster ones sound punk-ish.</div>
 #49664  by WolfSamurai
 Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:06 pm
<div style='font: 14pt Agatha; text-align: left; '>...including some fast ones and none of them really sound anything near what I think of as punk. Maybe I'm just defining punk as something different. It's good stuff, don't misunderstand me. It just doesn't sound punkish. Incidentially there's a few songs from the Young Dubliners that have a similar feel to Flogging Molly. Follow Me Up to Carlow, Foggy Dew, and Rocky Road to Dublin are the best ones to try out.</div>

#49668  by Derithian
 Sun Jun 09, 2002 4:31 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>I like beer</div>
 #49669  by Derithian
 Sun Jun 09, 2002 4:42 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>Treble Charger - a mix I made
System of a down - same as above
Eminem - a mix between his last album and his new one
Weezer - all of it....I luv them fukkers
The Macc Lads - Beer, Sex, Chips, Gravy
Dropkick Murphys - the singles collection
Rancid - Let's Go, ....and out come the wolves.
The Business/Cocksparrer - Live in London
The skatallites - Guns of Navrone
The Selector - Best of
Madness - Greatest hits
The Specials - The Singles Collection
The Clash Give em Enough Rope
The Ducky Boys - Dark Days
The Templars - "Dans les catacombs"
Suicidal Tendancies - Prime Cuts
Dead Kennedys - Give me convenience or give me death
The Skoidats - The Times
The Oi!Sters - Too Oi!
Bad Manners - Rare and Fatty
Judge Dredd - The collection

There is a lot more in there but I'm done looking through the cd player.....stupid mega multi-disk things.....Blah</div>

#49670  by Kupek
 Sun Jun 09, 2002 1:06 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>I'll check those out when I have my ethernet working at my apartment again. As for the punk sound, I'm guessing you haven't been exposed to a variety of punk sounds.</div>

#49672  by Derithian
 Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:42 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>i forgot to mention johnny cash....go johny cash. as well as buddy holly fats domino and chuck berry</div>

#49675  by EsquE
 Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:20 am
<div style='font: italic 12pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>Korn, Nickelback, Heather Nova, Natalie Imbruglia, Coal Chamber, System of a Down...getting into Aphex Twin and Bad Religion.</div>

#49676  by Lox
 Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:15 pm
<div style='font: bold 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Mostly same stuff for me like Metallica, Pantera, Godsmack, Down, Iommi, etc. All metal or hard rock.</div>

#49685  by SineSwiper
 Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:57 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>How is the new Imbruglia? And what Aphex Twin are you listening to?</div>