The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• A few question for you rap fans...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #51001  by SineSwiper
 Thu Sep 12, 2002 4:28 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>A friend of mine gave me Eminem's newest CD. I'm not a huge fan of him and I wouldn't really buy one of his albums, but I think he's one of those rappers with a lot of potential. This CD is not really any different, as I really only like two songs, White America and Without Me. He's a good lyricist, but I need a good backbeat to enjoy the song. None of this poetry-set-to-music crap. I like most of ICP's stuff because they all have a good backbeat to it (and ICP is funny anyway). Bionic Jive's stuff is awesome, and I like a lot of rap-rock groups, because rapping is a good "instrument", but you can't just rely on it alone to hold up the rest of the song.

Given that, is there any rap groups you could recommend?</div>

#51003  by Kupek
 Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:34 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>It's more hip-hop, and I've only heard two of their songs, but I plan on getting a Jurassic Five CD when I get around to it. I've heard their song Jurass Finish First, and it's amazing.</div>

#51009  by Eric
 Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:22 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Didn't like Superman, or Cleaning out my Closet? Odd..........</div>

#51019  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:37 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Don't know, I never really listened to ICP, and on the Eminem album I didn't really like the song White America nearly as much as others, my favorite was definetly Superman followed by Without me and then Cleaning out my Closet and Say Goodbye to Hollywood</div>

#51033  by Gentz
 Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:03 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Yeah, that song is awesome</div>

#51036  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:56 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Superman is my favorite Eminem Song Period!</div>

#51059  by EsquE
 Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:07 am
<div style='font: 10pt Garamond; text-align: left; '>Just buy a drum machine and add your own backbeat to any song you want....</div>

#51060  by Eric
 Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:33 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>White America grows on you, I definately didn't like it at all at first, but when I started listening to the Lyrics it grew on me.</div>

#51086  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:14 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I usually skip over to the next song as the first one because it kicks way more ass =)</div>

#51114  by SineSwiper
 Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:34 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>That's the problem with most rap songs. They do just that.</div>

#51115  by SineSwiper
 Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:37 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Nope. They both sound like the stereotypical R&B shit that I don't like.</div>

#51116  by SineSwiper
 Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:40 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Don't like Hollywood, either, but it's a little better than Superman or CoMC. I'm going to go listen to some Wyclef Jean now.</div>