The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Anybody else see Solaris?  Good, but not for everyone.  Pretty interesting movie....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#52371  by Zeus
 Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:53 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I'm definetely gonna check it out. I REALLY like both Soderburg and Cameron, and this is their movie. Fox didn't even know what do with it when they first saw it. Sounds very cool, you don't often see a classic sci-fi story nowadays</div>

#52380  by Ishamael
 Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:59 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I'm suprised a big studio even made this movie. Obviously they're going for some Academy Awards (especially given the December release) because this puppy is pretty much a guaraunteed money loser...</div>

#52386  by Zeus
 Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:21 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I think this is more "I'm James Cameron, I proved all you dumb-fucks wrong with Titanic BIG TIME, so I want to make this movie and you will let me do what I want". Without Cameron - and Soderburg, who earned his with Ocean's Eleven, Traffic, and Brokovich - there's no chance it gets a $100Mil budget</div>

#52402  by Ishamael
 Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:37 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>They dropped $100 mill on this boondogle? Yeah, only a Sorderberg/Cameron tag team could pull this feat....</div>