The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Top 5 movies that changed your outlook on life...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #55450  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:24 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I'm not talking about your favorites or anything like that. I'm talking about the ones that you really relate to or changed the way you look at life. Anyway, my top 5 are:

1. High Fidelity
2. American Beauty
3. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
4. Girl, Interrupted
5. Schindler's List</div>

#55452  by Eric
 Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:03 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Roots.</div>
 #55453  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:40 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>5) Goonies, This was the first movie I ever saw in theatres

4) Excalibur, this movie helped lead me to interest in medieval combat and history.

3) The Beach Girls, it was an old movie that I had on tape, there were a lot of tittie shots, the first time I worshipped at the Shrine was to this movie =)

2) Gandhi, a documentary on the life of the Mahatma, I'd say this movie changed me in that this led me to a great interest in Gandhi and studying various religions such as Islam, Christianity, Jewish, Hindu, and others. This eventually led me into studying other older religions, and as a result, today I am extremely knowledgeable in many different dominant religions.

1) The Hobbit, I first saw this movie when I was about 2 years old, and this led me to a great interest in the story, and I read the book The Hobbit shortly after, because of this movie, I learned to read and write at a very young age. My interest in the Hobbit eventually led me to reading the Lord of the Rings years later, I didn't even know that the Lord of the Rings was popular at all, but I sat down and read it in great detail, always checking the notes at the end of the book. It was years later that I found out that the book was the most popular work of fiction written in the last five hundred years.</div>

#55460  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:15 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Is that a serious answer, or a "I have to say that because I'm black" answer?</div>

#55461  by G-man Joe
 Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:21 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>Why would you think it's not. It's one of the best series to ever be aired on TV.</div>

#55462  by Eric
 Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:19 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Since when have you known me to support something based on my race alone?</div>
 #55464  by Derithian
 Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:38 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>1.Roots(This is my I'm black so it's required answer j/k it was just an amazing piece of work.)
2.Scindlers List(Gave me a good idea as to what a true hero is)
3.High Fidelity(the beta band fucking kick ass.....JB was soooo right)
4.Shawshank Redemption(my favorite movie of all time. Powerful and amazingly well done)
5.American Beauty(no shitin)

They aren't really in order of impact but those are the 5 most easily</div>

#55468  by Zeus
 Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:13 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Hmm, changed my outlook on life? Nothing that severe for me, but definetely had me intrigued and thinking a bit</div>

#55471  by Derithian
 Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:00 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>Hey Zeus it's a movie question........you know what that means don't you? it means YOU CAN'T ANSWER.... j/k</div>
 #55472  by Imakeholesinu
 Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:47 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>1) Fight Club - The world is a fucked up place
2) American Beauty - Proves my theory that suburbia does have problems
3) Do The Right Thing - Breaking the racial barriers some still hold
4) Memento - Dealing with a handicap
5) Quiz Show - That telling the truth doesn't mean you'll get rewarded for it</div>

#55474  by Zeus
 Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:37 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Wow, someone else who liked Quiz Show</div>

#55475  by Shellie
 Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:46 am
<div style='font: 10pt georgia; text-align: left; '>Hmmm...I forgot about SLC Punk. I wonder if I should have included that somewhere.</div>

#55488  by G-man Joe
 Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:46 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>Just one: Saving Private Ryan. The Omaha Beach scene made me fear for those in combat like I've never had before.</div>

#55489  by Eric
 Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:49 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah that was an eye opener alright.</div>
 #55490  by SineSwiper
 Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:55 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I mean, I loved Fight Club, but it didn't make me think "Hey, I need to go out and fight people". And American Beauty I included because of its message of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".</div>
 #55493  by Lox
 Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:45 am
<div style='font: bold 9pt ; text-align: left; '>1) Schindler's List-this one just made the Holocaust feel so much closer. An American boy who wasn't even alive during WWII has no clue what that was like, but that movie shows you a glimpse.

2) American History-X-That movie had such a good ending. It showed you what happens when hate becomes all you know.

Um...that's probably it.</div>

#55501  by Imakeholesinu
 Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:10 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>You're the one whose fake.</div>

#55504  by Derithian
 Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:30 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>BAH! hehehehehehehahahahahahahahohohohohohohohohohhahahahahahahahehehehehehehehahahahahahohohohohohoho buahahahahahahahaha</div>

#55515  by Tessian
 Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:33 am
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>I have to agree with Sine, unfortunately</div>

#55516  by the Gray
 Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:35 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I don't think I've ever watched a movie that had any lasting effect on me. Books are another story.</div>
 #55517  by Tessian
 Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:37 am
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>Arlington Road changed my perception on life-- I think I can pinpoint that time as when I realized my innocence was lost. The opening scene was just unbelievable and the message in the end bowled me over changing me forever. This is also the movie I realized just how much I loved twists.</div>

#55519  by Torgo
 Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:31 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>The only movie I can think of is Office Space. To this day I fear working at Friday's</div>

#55524  by Shellie
 Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:45 am
<div style='font: 10pt georgia; text-align: left; '>What? It was a good movie.</div>

#55587  by Derithian
 Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:01 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH</div>

#55588  by Tessian
 Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:07 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>ok, now forget whether you're right or wrong-- but this is probably one of the best messages on the Shrine I've seen that screams "asshole"</div>

#55653  by Derithian
 Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:35 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>Plus it made me realize that if I had a million dollars and never had to work again in my life I'd do 2 chicks at the same time</div>