The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I bought the DVD of the movie Battle Royal. Damn, this is the best movie I've seen in a while.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #55748  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:07 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Essentially the story is that in Japan they take one really bad Jr. High Class and put them on an Island, they are all given weapons and they have three days to kill each other off, only the last one surviving can win. If there are still more than one left at the end of the three day period then everyone is killed. Despite all of this, there's a very good amount of character development involved, and some comedy too, a lot of messed up stuff.</div>

#55749  by Tessian
 Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:18 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>saw that last semester; didn't know they had it on DVD</div>

#55753  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:06 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I thought it was only available on DVD. Either way, it's still an awesome movie =)</div>

#55761  by Anarky
 Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:19 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Thank you captian 4 months ago, i mentioned this movie a long time ago ;) and i am looking for a copy of the sequel as we speak, i own the book and manga also =D</div>

#55762  by Anarky
 Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:21 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>oh and the movie really does not hold up to the book, though i still like the movie, the book developed how fucked up the government is, along with more insite into characters</div>

#55763  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:08 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Heh, sorry I missed it before. I hadn't heard of the movie (Or at least didn't remember hearing) until I saw it on the shelf =)</div>

#55764  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:11 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah, books are usually way better for the plot, while movies are mostly about the entertainment. The only exception I can think of is Braveheart where the movie follows the book almost word for word.</div>

#55765  by Anarky
 Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:21 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>damn they sell it in canada? i had to buy mine off Ebay</div>

#55788  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:53 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Yep, it's Japanese though, but you can watch the movie with English (or French) captions. I don't think I have seen the English dubbed version if it even exists.</div>

#55790  by Anarky
 Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:30 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>no dub exist to my knowledge, which is for the best, yeah mine has english subs</div>