The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Ben Folds - Rockin the Suburbs....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #55842  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:24 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I have to say, Ben is doing fine without the other two members of the group. This album is a great album. I absolutely love the piano and classical background he uses in most of the songs like 'Fred Jones Part 2'. No offense to Ben, but I would really like to hear all the instrumentals to his songs because those, themselves are outstanding. I want to say he's almost on par with Billy Joel, but more melow in this album. Of course his hilarious title track is a good listen, but it and a few other songs are like water compared to the more sad songs like 'Still Fighting It' or 'The Luckiest'.

The album is fucking awesome. Another band that has a bit of his overall vibe is Sense Field, who are coming out with another album sometime this fall I believe, and the single isn't that bad either.</div>

#55846  by Kupek
 Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:46 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>My ex-girlfriend gave me a bunch of Ben Folds (Five) mp3s, and those are among them. I was extremely impressed, since I had always figured it was a standard pop group. I don't know if The Ascent of Stan is just him, or him and the others, but the piano on that song is amazing.</div>

#55847  by the Gray
 Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:02 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>This album has been out almost 2 years! But, Yes it is great. See him Live if you get the chance.</div>

#55869  by Sephy
 Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:12 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>Just him.</div>