The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• 2 Quick movie reviews: Pirates of the Caribbean = AWESOME!!, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen = SUCKS MONKEY BALLS!!  That is all....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #56044  by EsquE
 Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:15 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Baskerville; text-align: left; '>2 Quick movie reviews: Pirates of the Caribbean = AWESOME!!, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen = SUCKS MONKEY BALLS!! That is all....</div>

#56045  by Tessian
 Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:27 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>LXG was NOT a bad movie</div>

#56047  by EsquE
 Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:05 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Baskerville; text-align: left; '>Correct, it was not bad...it was HORRIBLE...a terrible waste of a terrific concept that was already written brilliantly by Alan Moore and destroyed by Hollywood and what has to be the worst director of all time...jesus, she was standing in the sun at the end!!! MORONS!!!</div>
 #56051  by Shellie
 Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:25 pm
<div style='font: 10pt georgia; text-align: left; '>Sometimes he would be CGI with a little paint on the front of his face, and other times he would be the actor with his whole head covered in white paint, in the same scene!</div>
 #56053  by EsquE
 Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:01 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Baskerville; text-align: left; '>...along with any scene on the deck of the Nautilus-far shot they're going 100mph; closeup on actors talking, and the sea is dead still, they didn't even bother with a fan to blow their hair. I can ignore alot in a movie, but I kept getting pulled out of this one because it was so poorly done...and this was one I wanted to like and thought I would going in...

...how they screwed up a movie that should have been so easy to be good (a great story already provided by Alan Moore with characters from famous novels that could write themselves) is beyond me...</div>

#56056  by SineSwiper
 Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:40 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>The storyline in and of itself was very good. Nice action, good character development, etc. The direction, however, was horrid, especially in regards with the action scenes. Can we do an action sequence without cutting cameras twice a second?</div>

#56057  by SineSwiper
 Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:45 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>The director is Stephen Norrington, the same guy who did Blade. Gee, what happened between these two movies?</div>

#56061  by Zeus
 Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:40 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Pirates did rule....suprisingly</div>

#56063  by Baldarov
 Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:24 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Pirates was all 'cap'in jack sparrow'.  The core of the movie wasn't any good.  It was just that johnny depp plays an awesome friggin pirate. : )</div>

#56064  by SineSwiper
 Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:41 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>And a coke fiend. And Hunter Thompson. And a 18th century detective (both movies). Need I say more?</div>

#56079  by Derithian
 Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:09 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>Rush was awesome in it 2.....the movie was pretty much good because of Depp and Rush....Without them it would have sucked......Quiz question for ya'll, what was Depps first movie roll. It's kinda funy to see what it was</div>

#56080  by G-man Joe
 Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:26 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>Nightmare on Elm Street (the very first one?)</div>

#56083  by SineSwiper
 Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:52 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>The spewing bed. Yep.</div>

#56085  by Derithian
 Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:09 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>Didn't think anyone knew that one but correct</div>

#56106  by Shellie
 Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:03 pm
<div style='font: 10pt georgia; text-align: left; '>I really liked this one..like most people, I was thinking....ugh Disney movie based on a ride, but it was a lot of fun :) Johnny Depp was awesome as always..he's apparently still wearing those gold teeth as seen on Jay Leno's show</div>