The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Seeing as how the director's cut of Alien is out, how about some Alien Trivia?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #56663  by Gentz
 Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:22 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>These questions will be taken from the first and second films (Alien and Aliens). I don't know enough stuff about Alien3 to include it, and no one really cares about Resurrection anyway. I hope you bastards have studied up cause I'm not going easy on you:

1.) What is the name of the crew's ship in the first film?

2.) What is the name of the marine's ship in the second film (the one in space that contains the Dropship)?

3.) What is the "politically correct" term for an android in the Aliens universe?

4.) The alien creatures are inhabiting the same planet in both films. What is this planet called?

5.) Why does the crew investigate this planet in the first film?

6.) Why do the marines investigate it in the second film?

7.) What is the name of the crew member who becomes a host for the facehugger in the first film?

8.) Why does Ash not want to let the team back inside the ship after this occurs?

9.) Eight marines (including the two pilots of the Dropship) are killed/taken during the alien's first attack in the second film. Name one of them (1 Bonus point each for every one you name after the first).

10.) How do the motion detectors in the first film work?

11.) Who built them?

12.) What is the name of Ripley's cat?

13.) The alien creatures possess a concentrated acid that flows from their bodies when wounded. Whether this is their actual blood or not is somewhat ambiguous, but my question is this - what does Ash call this type of acid and what special property makes it interesting?

14.) In the second film Lt. Gorman names the alien creatures. What does he call them?

15.) How does Ripley find Newt when she's taken by the aliens in the second film?

16.) Name the artist who designed the aliens for the film and another film he's done creature designs for.

17.) What is the name of the ship's computer in the first film?

18.) In the second film, what are Vasquez's last words?

19.) What is Ripley's first name?</div>
 #56679  by Imakeholesinu
 Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:05 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Impact; text-align: left; '>
These questions will be taken from the first and second films (Alien and Aliens). I don't know enough stuff about Alien3 to include it, and no one really cares about Resurrection anyway. I hope you bastards have studied up cause I'm not going easy on you:
Nostromo
2.) What is the name of the marine's ship in the second film (the one in space that contains the Dropship)?
3.) What is the "politically correct" term for an android in the Aliens universe?
Xenomorph
4.) The alien creatures are inhabiting the same planet in both films. What is this planet called?
LV426
Distress signal
Lost contact with the colony on the planet.
7.) What is the name of the crew member who becomes a host for the facehugger in the first film?
Kane
8.) Why does Ash not want to let the team back inside the ship after this occurs?
He feels they could contaminate the ship with an infection.
9.) Eight marines (including the two pilots of the Dropship) are killed/taken during the alien's first attack in the second film. Name one of them (1 Bonus point each for every one you name after the first).
Drake, Vasquez, Mia, Hudson, Dedrick, Apone, Gorman, Wizvaski, Crow, Frohicky
11.) Who built them?
The Company
Jones
13.) The alien creatures possess a concentrated acid that flows from their bodies when wounded. Whether this is their actual blood or not is somewhat ambiguous, but my question is this - what does Ash call this type of acid and what special property makes it interesting?
Defense mechanism
14.) In the second film Lt. Gorman names the alien creatures. What does he call them?
Bugs
15.) How does Ripley find Newt when she's taken by the aliens in the second film?
The tracking device given to her by Hicks then she gave it to Newt. She heard Newt scream before the facehugger pops out.
16.) Name the artist who designed the aliens for the film and another film he's done creature designs for.
H.R. Geiger
Mother
You're an asshole
19.) What is Ripley's first name?
Ellen</div>
 #56681  by Imakeholesinu
 Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:09 pm
These questions will be taken from the first and second films (Alien and Aliens). I don't know enough stuff about Alien3 to include it, and no one really cares about Resurrection anyway. I hope you bastards have studied up cause I'm not going easy on you:
Nostromo
Xenomorph
LV426
Distress signal
Kane
Drake, Vasquez, Mia, Hudson, Dedrick, Apone, Gorman, Wizvaski, Crow, Frost
11.) Who built them?
The Company
Jones
Defense mechanism
Bugs
The tracking device given to her by Hicks then she gave it to Newt. She heard Newt scream before the facehugger pops out.
H.R. Geiger
Mother
You're an asshole
Ellen</div>
 #56694  by Imakeholesinu
 Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:54 pm
Nostromo
Artifical Being
LV426
Distress signal
Kane
Drake, Vasquez, Mia, Hudson, Dedrick, Apone, Gorman, Wizvaski, Crow, Frost
11.) Who built them?
The Company
Jones
Defense mechanism
Xenomorphs
H.R. Geiger
Mother
You're an asshole
Ellen</div>