The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Extended Edition DVD possibly to come out in Winter 2005, but that's because it's possibly coming to theaters first in fall 2004 =P

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #58925  by Julius Seeker
 Thu May 27, 2004 11:40 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Now I know not all of you can sit through a four and a half hour movie. Well, I can, particularilly when it is the concluding portion to my favourite movie ever =)

Of course, right now this is just what a few New Line people have been suggesting to the press, it is not set in stone.

By the way, the Return of the King Theatrical DVD comes with several nice documentaries, including one National Geographic one which has commentary by John Rhys Davies (Not just because he plays Gimli, he is quite experienced at documentary commentary as he has done plenty in the field of archaeology). Again it comes with a rebate for the Extended Edition DVD, so in essense, the price of the DVD itself is like the price of going to the theater, once.</div>

#58928  by Zeus
 Thu May 27, 2004 1:22 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>No chance, it's out this year.....2005 is for The One Box Set</div>

#58946  by Julius Seeker
 Fri May 28, 2004 8:44 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Try 2011-2013 for "The One Box Set", New Line already stated multiple times if they release something like that, it would be as a 10th Anniversary Edition or something similar, and not to expect it before the release of The Hobbit (and they believe The Hobbit will be a reality).</div>

#58947  by G-man Joe
 Fri May 28, 2004 9:05 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>2005? Crikey! Are you positive? I'll have to buy the theatrical version then.</div>

#58949  by Zeus
 Fri May 28, 2004 1:16 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Apparently, Jackson is too busy with King Kong to spend the "required" time on it, but New Line might have it written in a contact, so he might not have a choice. Personally, I think it's out in December</div>

#58969  by Julius Seeker
 Sat May 29, 2004 9:20 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Well, according to New Line it's on schedule, but they plan to release it in theatres first (I'm guessing it won't be a huge release, but you never know).</div>