The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Gray and Lox and any other comic fans in here I have some good suggestions for you of some really good stuff I've found

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #59527  by Derithian
 Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:42 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>First check out the 4 issue miniseries called Dead @ 17. I just finished reading it and it's fucking insane. Very good stuff though. Trippy as all hell lead in to what will eventually be an ongoing series

Summary courtesy of the creators:
The ultimate battle between Good and Evil is about to be fought in the most unlikely of places, and the outcome will depend on the choices of one teenage girl. In the small suburb of Darlington Hills, two friends, Nara Kilday and Hazy Foss, are about to be caught in the middle of a conflict that will change their lives forever. Dead @ 17 is a four issue mini-series about friendship, love, loss, destiny, and betrayal, and the choices one must make in the face of ultimate adversity.

It's very cool and has a lot of good stuff in it.

Another is the Marvel Max (adult LIne) series Alias which is another amazing series (It's in no way related to the tv show) It's about a chick who tried to be an avenger but her power was so damn lame she quit the superhero business and became an alchoholic Private Investigator. good stuff and an amazing series

If you like good team comics read the JSA (Justice Society of America) by DC. easily the best team comic out there right now. Fantastic comics and the Black reign arc is one of the best comic arcs in a long time.

For an interesting solo comic that's more interesting than anything else check out Fathom. Great stuff from Top Cow. It's about a scientist who finds out she is part of a crazy underwater race of poeple and there is a fanatic out to drown the world. She is torn between the 2 sides of good and evil. Good stuff.

A couple more titles to go. Nyx is a really good marvel title about a drug addict raver girl who comes into her mutant powers. Very interesting.

And last marvel title is The Runaways. Really really good stories about kids who slipped through Xaviers cracks. A small group of mutants who live in the streets and have to rely on each other to survive. very very good series.

Last I'll list is Y the last man. I mean he's the last man, everyone wants to kill him, fuck him, or trade him for food....pretty good shit...</div>

#59534  by Lox
 Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:24 am
<div style='font: bold 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I used to read Fathom, own every Y: The Last Man since issue 5 or so, and read Alias last week. All are awesome, I agree. :) I'll have to check out those others you mentioned.</div>

#59555  by Derithian
 Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:20 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Adding to the list, check out supreme power. really interesting shit....another marvel Max title</div>

#59561  by Derithian
 Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:35 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>And for fantasy buffs you can check out Crossgen's Sojourn. Really high quality comic....it's too bad crossgen went under and it cuts off half way through the story though.... :(</div>