The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I've seen all three Inuyasha movies......I'll keep the spoilers to a minimum.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #60646  by Eric
 Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:20 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Inuyasha Movie 1 - Affections Touching Across Time

This one didn't really seem like a movie. It seemed like an episode straight out of the series, with some random villain everyone has to take down. Nothing new here, typical stuff you already find in the series. Kagome x Inuyasha, fighting. Inuyasha looking for Kikyo etc. There was nothing particular in this movie that stood out as "WOW" it was just some random villain. I did like the fact that Miroku and Sango have ALOT of action scenes. If you're a fan of these two characters you'd most likely enjoy the attention they got, of course in the end it's up to Inuyasha to save the say with his Bakuryuuha(Backlash Wave) and Kagome's arrow. We all question why the hell this doesn't happen early on but hey it's a movie, you gotta draw it out a bit. :p

Inuyasha Movie 2 - Castle Beyond The Looking Glass

This movie, while not as action packed definitely has it's memorable moments. The first battle in the movie puts a smile on your face, cause you've been waiting so freakin long. But after that battle, you're gonna be waiting even longer, cause that's the only battle you're gonna see for a LONG TIME. This looks like it's more of a character development movie, because all the characters split up for a given time and you get to see how they live. Until they need to reunite later to take down the big baddie, who was unleashed due to events early on in the movie. I don't want to spoil too much!!! I enjoyed this movie, the action wasn't always there but the moments there WAS action the movie definitely shined. Also it has some jaw dropping moments that you'd just never see in the series, so it got points for that. Definitely improved upon the first movies in every way.

Inuyasha Movie 3 - Sword of World Conquest

This movie was the fucking bomb. Movie 1&2 don't come close to how awesome this movie is, right from the start. This movie was full action, 24-7 from start to finish. Izayoi and Inu no Taishou, Inuyasha's parents, are having problems with a human named Setsuna no Takemaru. Apparently this guy had a problem with mononoke(demon) and humans being together. The movie has some of the series tied into it, Inuyasha's father Inu no Taishou has wounds from his fight with Ryuukossei(The demon that unlocked Inuyasha's Bakuryuuha(Backlash wave)). Which play a part in early events. There is also backstory given to Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru's swords, as well as a newer evil sword that the brothers actually have to unite against to defeat. That sword's name is Sou'unga, and boy is it powerful. The main shine(s) of this movie is you get to see Inuyasha's parents, Sesshoumaru ALL THE TIME, the non-stop action, the development between Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru. Hell the development in Sesehoumaru alone is enough to keep you interested, the guy is just so freakin cool. Definitely the best out of all the movies. I don't see how the 4th movie will compare.</div>

#60649  by Ishamael
 Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:23 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I saw an ad for the first Inuyahsa movie (in English I hope) on CN. Indeed the 3rd movie is *very* cool, but I wish it were dubbed with the American actors rather than subtitled. However, having my boy LORD Sesshomaru (shout out to Gentz) around more than made up for it...</div>

#60660  by Ishamael
 Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:53 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Oh and I was kinda ticked with Kagora couldn't convince Sesshomaru to fight Naraku (though I did like how Sesshomaru blew her off). That's one throwdown I'd like to see...</div>

#60663  by Eric
 Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:07 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>You're not gonna see Movie 3 in English for a LONG time. I guarentee. I've watched like episodes 56-154 you get used to subtitles, as well as the Japanese names for the moves, people, etc. The voice actors on both ends sound the same.</div>

#60686  by Gentz
 Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:27 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>I'm sure those two'll get into it eventually</div>

#60697  by Eric
 Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:08 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Must.....resist.....urge.....to....spoil....</div>

#60728  by Ishamael
 Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:07 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Your nervous twitching has betrayed you, you spoilerifous fool!</div>