The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Looks like Pixar's staying with Disney after all

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #94113  by Zeus
 Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:49 pm
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/665/665580p1.html

I kinda figured this was coming after all the talk about Pixar leaving quieted down over the last half year or so and when Eisner was forced out.

I think it works best for both of them. Pixar really benefited from Disney's marketing, which is second to none, and Disney was essentially lifted through a major slump ('til Chicken Little) with Pixar's movies

#94128  by SineSwiper
 Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:07 pm
Dammit! I was waiting for Pixar to do some more adult-themed stuff.

#94153  by Zeus
 Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:46 am
SineSwiper wrote:Dammit! I was waiting for Pixar to do some more adult-themed stuff.
No chance, it's not their game. You'll have to wait for Dreamworks for that.

Pixar wants to do the same thing but they just want more money and rights to their intellectual properties.

#94159  by Kupek
 Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:04 am
Has Disney done an animated movie recently that was good and not from Pixar?

#94172  by Zeus
 Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:54 pm
Kupek wrote:Has Disney done an animated movie recently that was good and not from Pixar?
I liked Brother Bear myself. Kind of Lion King-light. And Chicken Little is doing extremely well for them. Haven't seen that or Valiant. Home on the Range was rather boring.
 #94180  by Nev
 Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:58 pm
Zeus wrote:http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/665/665580p1.html

I kinda figured this was coming after all the talk about Pixar leaving quieted down over the last half year or so and when Eisner was forced out.

I think it works best for both of them. Pixar really benefited from Disney's marketing, which is second to none, and Disney was essentially lifted through a major slump ('til Chicken Little) with Pixar's movies
I'd heard Eisner's inability to get along with Pixar's top management was causing most of the friction. With that gone, it's not surprising that they may renew their working relationship.
 #94184  by Zeus
 Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:23 pm
Mental wrote:
Zeus wrote:http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/665/665580p1.html

I'd heard Eisner's inability to get along with Pixar's top management was causing most of the friction. With that gone, it's not surprising that they may renew their working relationship.
It's also the mutual need for each other that helped mend the fences over time. No one can market like Disney, which has been instrumental to Pixar's success, and, until Chicken Little, Disney's internal animation (2D and 3D) haven't been doin' very well at all. Pixar's been their golden goose for the last 5 years or so. With Dreamworks having their own internal studio producing hits, there really was nowhere for Pixar to go to get the same success.