The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Quickie Review of Battlestar Galactica Season 1 & 2

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #95292  by Ishamael
 Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:26 am
I saw all of season 1 on Netflix on DVD. After finishing that, I ran to Tower Recoreds and threw down $40 for half a season worth of eps and blew through those. I then downloaded ep 11 off of bittorrent.

It's amazing how much they get right in this show. Like I said below in the earlier post, they have everything here. Literally, everything. And season 2 steps it up a notch. "Pegasus Part I"(Season 2 midseason cliffhanger) ended with one of the most intense sequence of events in *any* series. I must have rewatched it like 50 times. Admiral Kane and Commander Adama are two completely different individuals. Both are capable, but completely different styles. The lady playing Kane is incredible. In addition to being pretty milfy, she pulls off the part with zero cheese and total believability (not as easy as it sounds).

Now on to theories. Any theories on the fleet and their relationship to Earth? Are these guys supposed to be the originators of the human race on earth? Or were they people who left earth a long time ago, only to return? And are earth humans part Cylon? (I came up with this based on some dialogue on the show)

#95299  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:04 am
As has been discussed earlier, the chick that plays Kane is the same one that played Ensign Ro in Star Trek. Given that role, she plays a good bitch.

#95312  by Ishamael
 Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:06 pm
SineSwiper wrote:As has been discussed earlier, the chick that plays Kane is the same one that played Ensign Ro in Star Trek. Given that role, she plays a good bitch.
WHOAH, you're right! Damn, how many geek points do I lose for missing that? :)

And another point - I may be crazy, but she looks way hotter now than she did as Ensign Ro.