The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• The Matrix meets Kill Bill?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#95585  by Blotus
 Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:31 am
Incredible visuals -- and I love Milla -- but I can't help but be skeptical.

#95587  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:26 pm
I liked her in the RE movies, her acting suited her character to near perfection.

#95592  by Zeus
 Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:06 pm
This just looks like Sony trying to capitalize on Milla's popularity from the much-better-than-everyone-says-they-are Resident Evil films. It looks incredibly fake in the trailer. No interest from me at all. I'll see it for free only.

#95594  by Eric
 Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:30 pm
Zeus wrote:This just looks like Sony trying to capitalize on Milla's popularity from the much-better-than-everyone-says-they-are Resident Evil films. It looks incredibly fake in the trailer. No interest from me at all. I'll see it for free only.
You buy her fighting Nemesis hand to hand, but this you won't touch? Interesting.

#95605  by Blotus
 Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:30 pm
Wait... Zeus you actually liked RE: Apocalypse?

...and you hate Lost?

I guess I'm finally on board with the "Zeus has terrible taste in movies/TV" lot.

#95612  by Zeus
 Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:18 am
Black Lotus wrote:Wait... Zeus you actually liked RE: Apocalypse?

...and you hate Lost?

I guess I'm finally on board with the "Zeus has terrible taste in movies/TV" lot.
I watched the first season plus the first two eps of season 2 of Lost. I just couldn't handle the lack of plot movement anymore. I could have squeezed the entire first season of lost into about 9 episodes and lost NOTHING and when I saw the complete lack of plot movement in the second ep of season 2 (the repeat ep from a different point of view) I had finally had enough of it. It's a lot like reading Lord of the Flies, cool idea, but it takes FOREVER for anything to happen. I guess I'm just spoiled by good shows like 24 which doesn't try to stretch it's thin plot out over a long period with poor "character development" scenes (I wanted to kill Merry's after his stupid epiphany with the damned moth). Those writers actually add depth to the plot.

I don't compare the RE movies to the games. I enjoyed the games, but I didn't love them to death. That probably helps too. The second isn't nearly as good as the first, but it wasn't that bad, as long as you follow the movie's storyline and not trying to make it fit into the games.

#95677  by SineSwiper
 Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:44 pm
I liked Aeon Flux, and I like the Underworld series, even if they aren't the pinnacle of greatness. The way I see it, support for these films means that something really good in this futuristic genre will come out, as they have in the past. Sci-fi really needs to be promoted more often, including this stylish variant of it.

And hey, this could actually be a really good movie. Who knows?