The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Lee Adama = Pimp?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #95741  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:04 pm
I'm not sure I like the way the last two episodes have been shot. Three episodes start near the end of the episode. I understand having this type of direction maybe once in a season, but three, back-to-back episodes in one and then one episode gap, it's getting old. There has to be another way. The episode content is excellent but it leaves little to desire as far as plot twists since we already know what is going to happen by them showing a certain situation.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee has been pimpin it up! First he had Dee falling for him, then fucked around with a hooker, and last episode almost made it into Starbuck's pants. I wish I was as built as he is. Seems like the President kinda had a crush on him too. Loved Bill Duke, wish they would have kept him on a couple more episodes.

So who is left to command Pegasus now?

#95748  by Ishamael
 Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:13 am
You don't get to be a pimp if you're paying for it. :)

This past episode was pretty cool, though I wonder at the Starbuck's drastic manic depressive turn. She went from being fighter pilot ace to alcoholic has-been in basically one episode.

And since we're on the subject of Apollo, he's probably the weakest character of the main cast IMO. I honestly think the Asian Cylon chick and Helio are bettters actors. Needless to say, he's no where near the same class as my boy and the one TRUE PIMP of the show, Dr. Gaius Balthar. If anyone on the show deserves any pimp awards it's him.

#95760  by Imakeholesinu
 Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:40 pm
Ishamael wrote:You don't get to be a pimp if you're paying for it. :)

This past episode was pretty cool, though I wonder at the Starbuck's drastic manic depressive turn. She went from being fighter pilot ace to alcoholic has-been in basically one episode.

And since we're on the subject of Apollo, he's probably the weakest character of the main cast IMO. I honestly think the Asian Cylon chick and Helio are bettters actors. Needless to say, he's no where near the same class as my boy and the one TRUE PIMP of the show, Dr. Gaius Balthar. If anyone on the show deserves any pimp awards it's him.
The Helo/Sharon story has been pretty slow recently and this half of the season, while it tied up some loose ends, seems like they're running on half-horsepower. Maybe it's my expectations but I want more of the dramatic fight for life situations like in the first season.

The end of the last episode makes me wonder if the same thing is going to happen to Helo and Starbuck as what was happening with Dee and Apollo.

#95766  by Ishamael
 Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:40 pm
Barret wrote: The Helo/Sharon story has been pretty slow recently and this half of the season, while it tied up some loose ends, seems like they're running on half-horsepower. Maybe it's my expectations but I want more of the dramatic fight for life situations like in the first season.

The end of the last episode makes me wonder if the same thing is going to happen to Helo and Starbuck as what was happening with Dee and Apollo.

Yeah,they are a horny group, that's for sure. Starbuck is making the rounds quite nicely, though nothing will suprise me like the Gaius thing. Did anyone see *that* one coming?

And yeah, they've slowed down the Helo/Sharon story to give the other guys a shot in the spotlight. I mean, *everything* can't be about them. However, we gotta swing back 'round to them pretty soon to figure out things like what the hell is up with the cancer healing properties of cylon dna and how cylons and humans can mate and have children. I'm also ready to see The Old Man get some more face time too.