The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Ultra Violet = SHIT

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #96166  by Anarky
 Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:42 pm
DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE!

that is all

#96169  by Zeus
 Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:04 am
This was a "Milla is hot and made us some good RE and AVP money so we'll put her in an action movie with no story, lots of CG and action, and skimpy clothes" movie by Sony. Looked and sounded like absolute garbage from the beginning. I MAY catch it one of these days on the dish for free when the paint has finished peeling on my walls, but that's about it.

#96170  by Lox
 Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:01 am
Zeus wrote:This was a "Milla is hot and made us some good RE and AVP money
She wasn't in AVP, just so you know.

#96171  by Chris
 Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:11 am
yeah wait till V for Vendetta and go see that. UV was definitely shit. But it did wash the bad taste of undershithole 2 out of my mouth......now that! was a bad bad bad bad movie

#96174  by SineSwiper
 Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:04 pm
What the fuck is wrong with you people?! Ultraviolet was awesome! Granted, the story wasn't the best, but neither was Equilibrium. It's like they gave Kurt about 10x the budget for special FX and fight scenes as they did for Equilibrium. And it looked like he used the money well, because from start to finish the action is stylish, sleek, and awesome.

I would have thought that the anime-type, watch-Japanese-movies-with-style-over-substance crowd here would appreciate that.

#96177  by Anarky
 Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:38 pm
SineSwiper wrote:What the fuck is wrong with you people?! Ultraviolet was awesome! Granted, the story wasn't the best, but neither was Equilibrium. It's like they gave Kurt about 10x the budget for special FX and fight scenes as they did for Equilibrium. And it looked like he used the money well, because from start to finish the action is stylish, sleek, and awesome.

I would have thought that the anime-type, watch-Japanese-movies-with-style-over-substance crowd here would appreciate that.
If the story is not there why the fuck am I watching it?
I could care less about shitty looking CG and characters I don't care for

#96187  by SineSwiper
 Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:21 pm
Anarky wrote:If the story is not there why the fuck am I watching it?
This is coming from people that liked Advent Children...

EDIT: Have to admit that it's hard to find good reviews on the thing, because most people seem to miss the point. Here's a good one.

#96188  by Eric
 Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:14 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
Anarky wrote:If the story is not there why the fuck am I watching it?
This is coming from people that liked Advent Children...

EDIT: Have to admit that it's hard to find good reviews on the thing, because most people seem to miss the point. Here's a good one.
Well isn't the reverse true, you didn't like AC ;p

#96198  by SineSwiper
 Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:56 am
Eric wrote:Well isn't the reverse true, you didn't like AC ;p
I didn't like AC because the fight scenes they did were more jerky than the ones in LXG. Bad part about CG is that you don't have to have a fixed camera, but you SHOULD have a fixed camera some of the time so that people know what the fuck is going on. It's even worse when you have subtitles you have to pay attention to while the fight scenes progress.

The plot was virtually non-existant in AC, too. I think there was better plot in FF:tSW, honestly. So much potential, and it was totally wasted.

#96208  by Lox
 Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:59 am
That's why I won't buy AC until I see it once. If it's not worth watching twice, I won't bother.