The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Night Watch

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #96197  by SineSwiper
 Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:49 am
And now movies with plot... Yes, this was a very cool movie. Subtitles were done nicely so that you're not staring at the bottom half of the screen all the time. (This is a Russian movie, btw.)

It's about the forces of Light and Dark trying to keep an uneasy truce by maintaining the peace in each other's domain. Night Watch, forces of Light, police the Dark, and Day Watch, forces of Dark, police the Light. The enivorniment somewhat resembles Constinitine at first glance, but branchs off into its own world fairly quickly.

Overall, very cool idea and smart plot. I can't wait for this trilogy to unfold. Day Watch, the sequel, already opened in Russian the beginning of the year, breaking their box office record.

http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/nwnd/

#96213  by Kupek
 Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:14 pm
I've wanted to see it for a few months, ever since the trailer showed up on apple.com. It probably won't play near me, so I'll catch it on rental.

#96218  by SineSwiper
 Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:52 pm
It's probably on right now in your local "independant" movie theater. I was kinda surprised that it was showing here in Louisville, KY.

#96219  by Kupek
 Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:57 pm
The local independent theater only has movies long after they're out of the big places. It's playing in Richmond, which is about an hour away, and I do have a very good friend there...