The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• New X-men 3 Trailer.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#96196  by Eric
 Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:49 am
I hate you all! /wrists

#96200  by SineSwiper
 Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:59 am
You know what I hate even more? Apple. I hate Apple. I hate their fucking non-functional plugin...

#96207  by Lox
 Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:58 am
I didn't have a problem viewing it at all.

That looked pretty darn cool. I am feeling a tad less nervous about the quality of this installment.

Heck, the end part looked like a full-on mutant vs. mutant battle. *drool*

#96232  by Eric
 Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:19 am
If it comes up broken to you upgrade your quicktime player. I had the same issue until I did.

#96235  by Zeus
 Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:38 am
Eric wrote:If it comes up broken to you upgrade your quicktime player. I had the same issue until I did.
That's relatively sad. I shouldn't HAVE to upgrade to be able to view thier crap. QT6 worked just fine......

#96237  by Lox
 Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:52 am
I forget what version of QT I am running at home, but I believe it is the newest. I don't like it. It actually runs worse than any previous version I've installed. If I try to skip through a mov too quickly, it locks up instantly and I have to crash it. Drives me nuts.

#96245  by Kupek
 Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:01 pm
Holy begeezus that rocked my world.

#96247  by Zeus
 Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:47 pm
Kupek wrote:Holy begeezus that rocked my world.
Yeah, it did look good, but this is Ratner we're talking about.....

#96248  by Lox
 Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:43 pm
Kupek wrote:Holy begeezus that rocked my world.
I was very nervous from the previous teaser trailer, but this has definitely lowered my hesitation to see this movie on opening night.

#96249  by Ishamael
 Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:03 am
Rattner has Ian McKellan channeling Gandalf giving the whole thing a "Lord of the Rings" feel. I thought it was great.

#96280  by Kupek
 Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:25 pm
Zeus wrote:Yeah, it did look good, but this is Ratner we're talking about.....
Zeus, the resident killjoy.

What's wrong with Ratner? I see a lot of mediocre movies on his resume, but no real stinkers.

#96291  by Zeus
 Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:49 am
Kupek wrote:
Zeus wrote:Yeah, it did look good, but this is Ratner we're talking about.....
Zeus, the resident killjoy.

What's wrong with Ratner? I see a lot of mediocre movies on his resume, but no real stinkers.
That's exactly it. I mean, the Rush Hour films are a lot of fun, as is Money Train, but no real depth there at all. Family Man was a suprisingly good family movie, but that's 'cause expectations were so low. After the Sunset was just there. And Red Dragon SHOULD have been spectacular, but is merely just great (his best, IMO) because of the AWFUL extended ending in the film (not quite Matrix or Matrix 2 bad, but not far off, either). You spend the entire movie making Ralph Fiennes' character out to be a tragic villian then put a stupid twist ending that had no business being there, destroying 1:45 of screen time building up this character.

So, they give him X-Men franchise which, in the first two films, proved against all odds that you can actually take the essence of a comic book (I still haven't forgotten them for the stupid black suits, but the rest of these films makes up for it; Spiderman and Superman seemed to have survived well with "comic book looking" suits) and properly make it into a good movie franchise as long as you have good direction. He hasn't proven that he's any more than just a decent director that's good at fluff. This franchise doesn't work on only fluff. It'll really depend on the script and whether or not he's decided to make any adjustments to it.

I will see this movie in the theatres, I just hope that he proves me wrong.