The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• New Futurama?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #96484  by Torgo
 Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:22 pm
From Billy West's post on his official forums:
Billy West wrote:I'm thisclose to selling my show--''Billy Bastard--Amateur Human Being,''
And the other good news is that they're doing 26 new episodes of
''Futurama'' for TV and we're hammering out the deal now.The original
plan was to have the DVD's first but that's no longer the case.I'm totaly
jammed dude.

Greetings from the year 3000! It still sucks!

Billy
Update:
Billy West wrote:
I'm getting different bits of info that say this news may not be the case.There IS something up Futurama project wise but but it might be the DVD's still.It's hard to keep up with things--but I'll try to do better.

Sorry,
Billy
Okay, so we're not quite sure on the episodes, but at least the DVD project seems to be moving along so far.

#96485  by Nev
 Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:51 pm
I'd watch Futurama again if I had a TV. I loved that show.

I was a little disappointed that there was never any plot progression, and that it was sort of a standard sitcom that way - when I first saw commercials I thought it would be them zipping through space, Star Trek style, with plot twists to match.

However, I still have a soft spot for Bender. He was the Homer Simpson of Futurama, to me - a character that, by all rights, you should have hated with a passion (Homer is a lazy, quasi-alcoholic father who is utterly incompetent and pretty dull, while Bender is a lazy, fully-alcoholic robot who denigrates about 80% of things he comes in contact with), but ended up loving anyway. And the show was just funny in general anyway. I still like the mermaid episode...

#96493  by Flip
 Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:34 am
For all its fart jokes and whatnot, it was actually a pretty high class comedy. A lot of extremely funny stuff would be missed if you werent somewhat educated. I hope it will come back.

#96497  by Blotus
 Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:50 pm
A new Futurama DVD was announced some time ago. About a month ago, Billy West posted on his board that David X. Cohen had called him and said there would be four DVD movies. Whatever medium they decide on, I'll be happy to see more.

Universe 1 Leela: "A year later Fry gave me this diamond scrunchie and we were married."

Universe A Fry: "A year later I got beat up at a NEIL Diamond concert by a guy NAMED Scrunchie."

Best. Line. Ever.