The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I hate this shit!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#96917  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:46 am
Heh, it didn't know I was thinking of Married with Children.

#96918  by Nev
 Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:15 pm
My mom has a little "20 Questions" novelty toy (looks sort of like a robot crystal ball) that works on the same principle. It tells you to think of something, then asks things like "Is it cold?" "Is it round?" "Is it bigger than a bread-box?" and etc., and everyone manages to be very surprised when it comes up with "snowman" or whatever.

You can usually stump these things by picking balls-out obscure stuff...for instance, I'm betting this one will get Seinfeld with a high degree of accuracy if you think of that, whereas the chances of it picking up some horrendous and horrendously canceled pilot that ran for two shows back in 1973 are a lot lower, I'm guessing...

My mom's little toy didn't handle "Bose-Einstein condensate" very well when I came up with that, for instance. :) (Though, admittedly, there was no entry to respond to its question of "Is it bigger with a bread-box" with "Well, what did you put it in?"...I had to settle for "maybe"...)

#96920  by Blotus
 Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:46 pm
It got The Practice, but not Monty Pyton and the Holy Grail. Neat.

#96922  by Zeus
 Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:14 pm
It guessed Six Feet for me, but I actually was thinking of Arrested Development.

Neat how it's an evolving site. Let's see how good it gets in a while. Also explains Seeker-like spelling ROFLMAO