The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Naruto Movie 2

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #97943  by Eric
 Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:32 am
Been subbed by DB.

The plus is Garra is in it. Buck stops there? hehe. That was enough for me.

I don't really care about the plot. There's like 0 character development for anybody in the movie. Heh.

Go go Rasengan ending!
 #97945  by M'k'n'zy
 Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:54 am
Downloaded it earlier, will watch it later ^_^

#97947  by Eric
 Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:30 am
It's nothing to get excited about. That's the problem with anime movies based on popular series, unless it's something that's based in the universe and moves the plot along (IE Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz). You get a rehash of all the "clever" attacks the characters used during the series to win their battles, except it's cheapened because you've seen it a thousand times before.

Heh in the manga, I can count on my hand the number of times I've seen Naruto use Rasengan. While in the anime I'm rather sick of it.

#97961  by Zeus
 Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:19 pm
Eric wrote:It's nothing to get excited about. That's the problem with anime movies based on popular series, unless it's something that's based in the universe and moves the plot along (IE Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz). You get a rehash of all the "clever" attacks the characters used during the series to win their battles, except it's cheapened because you've seen it a thousand times before.

Heh in the manga, I can count on my hand the number of times I've seen Naruto use Rasengan. While in the anime I'm rather sick of it.
True, but this one was much better than the first movie. It looks like they actually tried with the plot this time. Don't get me wrong, it's not nearly as good as the manga-based anime, but it's the best non-manga-based thing they've done, IMO. Better than any of the filler or the original movie or OVAs.

#98055  by M'k'n'zy
 Tue May 02, 2006 3:01 pm
I watched it two nights ago, and I have to say I wasnt particularly impressed. The animation was good, obviously, as it was a movie, but other than that, the whole thing just seemed sub par, though I will agree, it was better than the first.