The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Somebody assassinate Paul W.S. Anderson please.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #99668  by Eric
 Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:57 am
He's heading up a Castlevania now. I really really dislike this POS director. Alien vs Predator, Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat. Just because idiots pay money for these movies doesn't mean the people who LIKE the series' enjoy seeing them butched.

#99672  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:56 am
The Resident Evil movies were fairly good. I don't think a better job could really have been done given the budget. I'm looking forward for the third movie out next year.
 #99683  by Zeus
 Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:15 pm
Kupek wrote:
Eric wrote:He's heading up a Castlevania now.
Source?
I saw it too a month or so ago, but can't remember where.

I don't know, the RE films I didn't mind and Mortal Kombat wasn't bad. AvP was crappy 'cause it was a PG film of two R rated flicks, but it wasn't Boll-bad. I'm not saying it's going to rule, but there's a chance it'll be pretty good. Just make sure it's at least A rated (adult accompliament up here, means you have to have an adult if you're under 14) or it won't be violent enough. You need a little violence to make the movie work IMO.

We also got Woo doing a Metroid film. Now that I'm afraid of.....

#99690  by Blotus
 Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:49 pm
I thought Christophe Gans was doing Castlevania. It makes sense given his relationship with Konami. Either way, I'm opposed to anybody making it. Just don't feel it'd translate well into a movie.

#99693  by Flip
 Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:55 pm
Yeah, it'll turn out to be another totally gay vampire movie. :(